Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Zbatty
Contributor

Can I schedule a workflow to run at a specific time every day?

I have a workflow that I want to run every company through every day. I can't use enrollment triggers to do it. Is there a way to schedule a workflow to run every day?

8 Replies 8
spiderman
Participant

Did this actually work for you?  This only works the first time for us. Looking at the re-enrolment criteria, it states it won't allow us to re-use the same 'updated in the past so many days' for a second time. The re-enrolment criteria blocks a second or subsequent re-enrolment based on when the field was updated. 

We find it extraordinarily frustrating that a workflow will not re-run for a contact, deal, company based on a date property even if that date property has changed.

We have data that could change from one state to another but the re-enrolment won't allow us to run against it.

We have had to resort to using 2 workflows that trigger enrolment from one to the other based on membership adding/removing from static lists. This is hugely cumbersome and inefficient.

0 Upvotes
Nathandsn
Participant

I guess the '7-day marker' isn't a date property, and that's the reason why it's possible to use it in a re-enrollment in that case. If you want re-enroll every time a date changes, you can just use an enrollment trigger like 'property-name is known' and set it as a re-enrollment trigger as well, it should work for any property, including dates. 

0 Upvotes
rvzello
Contributor

That's odd. Were you trying to use that for a company as well? Or was it for a contact?

rvzello_0-1615296322038.png

0 Upvotes
rvzello
Contributor

I've worked out the following solution for this problem but I sure would prefer to have a better solution directly provided in the workflow tool...

1. Create a custom dummy property on company records called 7-day marker (or however many days you need). I've used a number so I can simply used the incrementer action
  2. Create a workflow with these two enrollment conditions:
    1. 7-day marker has not been updated in the last 6 days
    2. 7-day marker has been updated in the last 7 days
  3. Mark these two enrollment condition as eligible for triggering re-enrollment
  4. Next step in the workflow should increment the 7-day marker
  5. Add your other actions below in the workflow.

Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 8.53.24 AM.png

0 Upvotes
StefaniUAT
Key Advisor

Hi,

I'm not sure if this will work, but may be worth a try!

1. Create a static company list named "XYZCompanies" with the parameter: company create date is known.

2. Create a contact based workflow with list membership is any of "XYZCompanies".

- Set your re-enrollment triggers to allow for re-enrollment based on list membership is any of "XYZCompanies". 

- Then add the actions/steps in your workflow. 

- Then have the workflow remove from the static list "XYZCompanies".

- Set a 24 hour delay

- add them back into the static list

I created an example. I just chose random things, but the layout would be the same as I explained above.

Try creating this, but with the delay set for 1 min to test it out and see if it works!

wf2.png

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect
StefaniUAT
Key Advisor

@Zbatty Update!

I also just learned about a new HubSpot feature to use in lists, reporting, and workflows: "Is more than x days ago" and "Is less than x days ago"

It seems you may be able to create a workflow "Company Create Date is more than 1 day ago" and set your re-enrollment triggers to re-enroll based on Is more than 1 day ago.

Maybe this will work and prove to be a better solution??

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect
Daniel_Bleich
Key Advisor

Hi,

Have you trid creating a workflow with re-enrollment triggers and just add a 24 hour delay.

Daniel Bleichman
Marketing | AudioCodes

Danielbleichman@gmail.com
Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Zbatty
Contributor

What re-enrollment trigger would you suggest that flags every record, even when the record hasn't been modified?

0 Upvotes