Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

architect
Participante

Can I create a workflow that emails a unique code to new form submissions?

resolver

I've been poking around the forum and am not sure there is a clean solution to this - but I thought I'd see if there have been any updates since fall 2018. 

We would like to create a workflow that goes like this:

1) New customer completes form

2)  Form completion triggers email to customer containing a unique coupon code

I can generate the coupon codes outside of Hubspot. My issue is figuring out how to send a unique code to every person who fills out the form. Does anyone have experience with this and potential solutions?

1 Soluciones aceptada
Ben_M
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Are you able to build an API between the system that holds the codes and Hubspot? That is what you need. I would just have the API send that data from your platform to a Hubspot Property for a coupon code. Then insert that personalization token into your email. The only thing you cannot do is have the form trigger a thank you email with the code because the API integration will require time so if you send immediately the code would be blank.

What you need to do is create an active list looking for contacts who recently submitted the form AND who also have that coupon code property known.  Use that as your enrollment criteria into the workflow that sends the "thank you" email with the coupon code.

If you don't have an API connection, or developers to help out with this, a manual way of setting this up would be to send a notification email to a specific contact at your company upon every submission.  Have the code manually entered into a property, and then the workflow described above will still take affect, but then the thank you is dependant on how efficiently you are able to enter codes into Hubspot.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

3 Respuestas 3
Ben_M
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Are you able to build an API between the system that holds the codes and Hubspot? That is what you need. I would just have the API send that data from your platform to a Hubspot Property for a coupon code. Then insert that personalization token into your email. The only thing you cannot do is have the form trigger a thank you email with the code because the API integration will require time so if you send immediately the code would be blank.

What you need to do is create an active list looking for contacts who recently submitted the form AND who also have that coupon code property known.  Use that as your enrollment criteria into the workflow that sends the "thank you" email with the coupon code.

If you don't have an API connection, or developers to help out with this, a manual way of setting this up would be to send a notification email to a specific contact at your company upon every submission.  Have the code manually entered into a property, and then the workflow described above will still take affect, but then the thank you is dependant on how efficiently you are able to enter codes into Hubspot.

architect
Participante

resolver

Thanks for this response! An API isn't an option for us, so we'll have to figure out a manual solution. I'll look into the solution you suggested.

0 Me gusta
Ben_M
Asesor destacado

resolver

You're welcome!  If you needed any assistance with implementing or drawing up a more formal plan for your instance I'd be willing to help lend a hand if needed.

0 Me gusta