Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

LizCoralli
HubSpot Customer Trainer
HubSpot Customer Trainer

Calling all Workflow Lovers!

Calling out to all our workflow lovers - what is your favourite workflow you've created that has really helped the way you work?

We'll start - reminders to update deals when the close date is in the past but the deal is still open. SO helpful for clean forecasting!

13 Replies 13
deepikaverma
Guide | Partner
Guide | Partner

Hi All
The most interesting thing I done on Hubspot is creating/ Implementing a lead journey from subscriber to customers. Which Include Pop up form, Ebook Download, Pricing page, Deal, Quotes, Playbooks, and feedback surveys also.
Another interesting thing I did is a deletion of a Custom object.

Thank you!

donrua
Top Contributor

Would love to see that mapped out if you have a ppt deck or something showing the pieces and steps in the journey.

0 Upvotes
Stefan_Kerkhof
Participant

Hi @LizCoralli 

A client of mine asked for one last week. They have developped an app/online environment to which every new customer should gain access.

Now: the process goes as follows:

1. Sales alerts marketing that the client needs a login.

2. Marketing creates a login

3. Marketing sends email to contact containing their credentials

4. After a week, sales or marketing calls the lead to ask whether they have used the app or not.

5. If they haven't, they'll wait one more week and call again. 

All of this is automated now. The sales reps only have to check a property. 

After that, a password is created, a notification is sent to the contact owner and marketing team, and the client receives their credentials.

Then, there's an if/then statement. If they have visited the app's website, a task is created for sales to gather feedback. If not, an automatic reminder is sent to the contact.

I love it.

deepikaverma
Guide | Partner
Guide | Partner

Can you please elaborate : how password will be created automatically

Stefan_Kerkhof
Participant

That's the only part where a manual action comes to pass.

The password is provided automatically through personalization tokens. After that, marketing receives a notification and task to create the credentials. The rest of it is automated though 🙂

donrua
Top Contributor

Because Hubspot doesn't have a method to allow us to require Sales step through every stage of the Sales Pipeline, and we want to eliminate human error, I created a Lifecycle Stage workflow that looks for skipped stages, and fixes them. And another that looks for stages that still slip through from some unusual issues, and emails me to manually correct.
So if trying to go to Sales stage 5, I would ask "have we recorded that they completed 1? no, mark it complete. then... Have we recorded they completed step 2? No, mark it complete...etc. Up to the stage that is in play at the time. This helps to keep my lifecycle stages moving forward with Sales Pipeline stages, even when sales skips stages or doesn't complete all the entries.

donrua_0-1647017225085.png

Camille_Balhorn
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

I love workflows! One workflow I created transmitted Won Deal information from our Sales team to Tickets for our Customer Care team to enter into our company software.

Workflows allowed me to route to various sects of the Customer Care team and customize information based on line of business 😎

LizCoralli
HubSpot Customer Trainer
HubSpot Customer Trainer

Hi @sk0827!

You could create an active list - like Josh mentioned- that has all Contacts > Lifecycle Stage = SQL and Tiers = unknown to identify those SQLs who are missing a value for the Tier property. 

For companies who are missing lifecycle stages completely, I like to use the Copy Property or Set Property action in the workflows tool so that when you're setting a contact property, you can simultaneously set the appropriate company property.  An example we look at in class includes this step right after we enroll the correct contacts:

LizCoralli_0-1626106443164.png

johnelmer
Top Contributor | Elite Partner
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

@LizCoralli Would love to see image exports of helpful workflows!

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
Elite HubSpot Solutions Partner
> Follow me on LinkedIn
Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

Great topic!

I'm a big fan of workflows that identify objects that have missing important data and assigning a task to the owner to complete. For contacts I usually start with an active list and list membership as the enrollment criteria. For deals, tickets, and companies, I usually use a workflow to enroll. 

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

sk0827
Participant

I am intrigued by this because I spend so much time doing data clean up on behalf of my team.  Could you give or show an example so I make sure I understand it correctly? In my situation I see a lot of SQL's Leads etc that are missing Tiers (this is an important one to us) , a Decision maker..or I see companies that are missing lifecyle stages completely. If this is what you are referring to Id love to see how it looks in a workflow so I can do the same! 

donrua
Top Contributor

Simple sample to make sure Lead is set based on Pipeline stage:

donrua_0-1651875306730.png

This example checks for skipped lifecycle stages deeper in the pipeline, and works to set them right. Top is cut off in my screen grab...

donrua_1-1651875425459.png

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for starting this conversation @LizCoralli! I want to tag in some Community members who may be interested in this conversation! 

@Tegan-Scott@matt1406@CABaker@GWhite3@oceansky@TWood3@karstenkoehler@Josh do you have any favorite workflows? What workflows have you set up to save you time / help automate your processes? 

cc @jbogaert, do you have any favorite workflow tips?