Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

GTucker
Participant

Calculate cost of lead based on outbound activities

SOLVE

I am building a workflow that says:

- If a contact is a member of list X (which itself is made up of sublists that collect people who were sent a certain email, or who were tagged as a trade show attendee, etc.), then

- Increase their attribution cost (custom property) by $X depending on which activity they received (e.g., emails $1, webinars, $12).

The workflow works insofar as increasing the field value. It does not add the activities together though.

So if a person has been sent an email and attended a webinar, they should cost $13, but it seems to default to the Sent Email $1 value only.

Do I need to write one workflow per activity that increments the custom field instead?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@GTucker If they're on Enterprise, they can have more than one property that is a calculated lead score. 

I'm glad to hear that the individual workflows were able to give you the incremental value, that's helpful to know 🙂

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Jnix284

SOLVE

@GTucker it seems like it would be a little easier to use lead scoring for this, to create a lead scoring model based on the activity and attribute the dollars as points, then you could use a workflow to copy the points to your dollar property. You might have to get creative with how you structure the trigger for the workflow, but with lead scoring you wouldn't need to build all of the lists.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

GTucker
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you and I agree. However this is not a for my HubSpot instance but a clients. I did discover that having individual workflows for each of the kinds of activity that contribute to the cost field is how to get the field to increment according to a given value.

They are already using the weed scoring tools so I can't add to that model to solve this problem.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

@GTucker If they're on Enterprise, they can have more than one property that is a calculated lead score. 

I'm glad to hear that the individual workflows were able to give you the incremental value, that's helpful to know 🙂

GTucker
Participant

SOLVE

@Jnix284 Thanks. Related to this, I have a calculated field that I need to zero out the results from and rerun it because of other changes. I am using workflows normally to zero out other fields but since this is a calculated field it won't let me. Do I need to delete the current calculated field in order to get the previously calculated values to go away, then recreate it?

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

SOLVE

Hi @GTucker  you shouldn't have to zero it out, since it is calculated, the field should automatically update based on the changes. Are you seeing that the value is not updating?

0 Upvotes
GTucker
Participant

SOLVE

Correct. When I zeroed out the underlying values for the calculation, the values remained for many contacts. If I restored the values, then it added on to the original value versus recalculating from 0 again like when it ran the first time.

0 Upvotes
GTucker
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Jennifer. Related to this, how do you zero out the value from a calculated field when you need to rerun calculations? I have been using workflows to clear the property but since this is a calculated field, that doesn't work. Do I have to delete my calculated field and recreate it?

0 Upvotes