Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

msevs
Participant

Building a workflow(s) around multiple offers but 1x enrollment

SOLVE

I am creating 4 landing pages for 4 different pieces of content. I want the download of one piece of content to enroll the contact in a workflow that sends timed emails offering the other three pieces of content.

I am struggling to build a workflow/workflows that ensures contacts are only enrolled 1x and only receive the appropriate offers as listed below.  Any ideas are appreciated.

Content 1 

• Email offer Content 2
  • Email offer Content 3
  • Email offer Content 4

Content 2

• Email offer Content 1
  • Email offer Content 3
  • Email offer Content 4

Content 3

• Email offer Content 1
  • Email offer Content 2
  • Email offer Content 4

Content 4

• Email offer Content 1
  • Email offer Content 2
  • Email offer Content 3
0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi there, 

I tried to do exaclty this when I first started using HubSpot, and its really difficult. 

To achive what you describe you would enrol the contact in a workflow that immeadiatley uses an if/then statement to check a list of people that downloaded the first peice of content. If they did not, send email #1, if the did, move on to the next if/then statement. 

The problem with if/then statements is that you can not currently return a contact to a 'main branch', meaning that each time you use one, you have to playout every single other outcome that comes afterwards.

The solution to this is probably to break your workflow into four and when a contact enrols in one, supress them if they are already enrolled in any of the others. 

This is a lot of work that may not actually yield results. In our case, most new contacts come in via the same couple of peices of content, so I am able to craft simple, linear workflows to offer them the most relevant content. 

Whatever you decide to do, good luck!

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi there, 

I tried to do exaclty this when I first started using HubSpot, and its really difficult. 

To achive what you describe you would enrol the contact in a workflow that immeadiatley uses an if/then statement to check a list of people that downloaded the first peice of content. If they did not, send email #1, if the did, move on to the next if/then statement. 

The problem with if/then statements is that you can not currently return a contact to a 'main branch', meaning that each time you use one, you have to playout every single other outcome that comes afterwards.

The solution to this is probably to break your workflow into four and when a contact enrols in one, supress them if they are already enrolled in any of the others. 

This is a lot of work that may not actually yield results. In our case, most new contacts come in via the same couple of peices of content, so I am able to craft simple, linear workflows to offer them the most relevant content. 

Whatever you decide to do, good luck!

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes
msevs
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for the reply. I think you are right, 4 different workflows is probably the best path. 

0 Upvotes