Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

BobBalm1
Contributor

Basing If/Then branching on clickthrough of an Internal notification email

SOLVE

Hey guys,

I *think* what I want is not possible, but I just wanted to check with you if anyone knows a workaround. I can't think of any at the moment. 

For multiple reasons we don't have a connection to our CRM, and won't have one for the moment. So I'm trying to set up a situation for some rudimentary feedback about lead quality.

Simple 'flow' is like this:

1. Contact submits a form
  2. Sales is notified with the form details through an Internal email
    1. My idea: to add a button to the email "this was a good lead" or not
  3. I want to add an if/then branch based on if and how the button was clicked. Two behaviours I'm looking for
    1. In X days, if the Sales rep doesn't click the email, send him a reminder
    2. Keep a list of all Contacts for whom the Sales reps have clicked 'this is a good lead'

Would be easy to do that if it was a contact that was clicking of course, but it's the Sales rep. I can't think of a way to capture that information. Anyone know if/how I can achieve 

what I want?

1 Accepted solution
AM8
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@BobBalm1 : 

Tricky ! Did you try doing this using a specific custom HS CTA on the internal email? 
You can define workflow if-then branches based on "clicked a CTA" . I understand its not a "contact" who is doing the "clicking" since its an internal email, but regardless of who clicks the cta, there can be an action triggered based on " CTA" clicked. So my suggestion is to try making a separate workflow that enrolls based on CTA clicks and all the contacts in that workflow can then be marked " lead status = "good lead" or " Sales accepted leads"  - may work! try it and et me know how it goes, I'll keep wondering otherwise. 

Workaround: ( pseudo fill a form as if a contact was filling a form) 
Make an HS form - lable it " internal notification form"  and make it password protected. save it on its own Landing page. 

Question on the form:
Email of the lead in consideration:  <>
Good lead - checkbox - yes/no 

In your internal email,
Send a link to that form landing page  AND
- Send the email of the contact involved

- Password
 Once the sales reps get the email, they can click on the CTA that takes them to a differnt page where they enter the "email of the lead" and check the box of the good lead. 
< I have used this form method on my internal emails, and it works! - rememebr to TURN OFF the cookie tracking from form settings" 

Hope this helps
Thank you.
-AM8 
#Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
AM8
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@BobBalm1 : 

Tricky ! Did you try doing this using a specific custom HS CTA on the internal email? 
You can define workflow if-then branches based on "clicked a CTA" . I understand its not a "contact" who is doing the "clicking" since its an internal email, but regardless of who clicks the cta, there can be an action triggered based on " CTA" clicked. So my suggestion is to try making a separate workflow that enrolls based on CTA clicks and all the contacts in that workflow can then be marked " lead status = "good lead" or " Sales accepted leads"  - may work! try it and et me know how it goes, I'll keep wondering otherwise. 

Workaround: ( pseudo fill a form as if a contact was filling a form) 
Make an HS form - lable it " internal notification form"  and make it password protected. save it on its own Landing page. 

Question on the form:
Email of the lead in consideration:  <>
Good lead - checkbox - yes/no 

In your internal email,
Send a link to that form landing page  AND
- Send the email of the contact involved

- Password
 Once the sales reps get the email, they can click on the CTA that takes them to a differnt page where they enter the "email of the lead" and check the box of the good lead. 
< I have used this form method on my internal emails, and it works! - rememebr to TURN OFF the cookie tracking from form settings" 

Hope this helps
Thank you.
-AM8 
#Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.
BobBalm1
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi AM,

Thanks for your reply. I reckon that second solution might work. It's a bit of a stretch as it does require the salesperson to perform an extra click *and* manually enter the email address - unless, can I make something like a Blind Form Submit in Hubspot? - but at least this way I can query if it was submitted or not. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
AM8
Top Contributor

SOLVE

I am not sure what you mean by a " blind form submit" but you do need to have an email address on a form to make sure the data maps correctly to the contact record. 

Hope this helps
Thank you.
-AM8 
0 Upvotes
BobBalm1
Contributor

SOLVE

Sorry, it's a term I took with me from Eloqua 🙂

It's when you submit a form simply by clicking a URL. The form's fields and values (including email address) are appended to the form's 'submit url' and can be either fixed values or merge fields. Super handy for cases like this, but I don't think Hubspot has a feature like this.

0 Upvotes
AM8
Top Contributor

SOLVE

oh! Good to know. 

Hope this helps
Thank you.
-AM8 
0 Upvotes