Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

squigglebit
投稿者

Automation triggered by Referral code

解決

We have a refer-a-friend system. Our client platform passes a code to HS for each client (referral code)

When this code is used it shows on the new customers contact record as referral code used and the email of the referer.

I need a trigger to email the referer to let them know their code has been used and I can't figure out how to associate the referral codes so that the referer receives an email.

Any help greatly appreciated.

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @squigglebit,

Is the referral code stored in a contact property? If so, the first step would be to create an automated email and add all the information about the contact into that email, using personalization tokens, e.g. first name, last name, email address.

Then, under Menu > Automation > Workflows, you would set up a contact-based workflow that triggers when "Referral code is known" (potentially spelled differently, depending on what your property is called).

You would then create an if/then branch for each referrer. For example, one branch for "Referral code is equal to A001", one branch for "Referral code is equal to A002", one branch for "Referral code is equal to A003" etc. (Codes are obviously made up, you would use yours.)

In each branch, you can then add your automated email from above via the "Send internal marketing email" workflow action. Here you can add specific recipient email addresses. For the A001 branch, add the referrer email address of A001 and so on.

If you have the GDPR settings enabled in your portal, make sure that each referrer is also a contact in your CRM and opted into the subscription type that you chose for the automated email. Otherwise HubSpot will not send the email.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

4件の返信
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @squigglebit,

Is the referral code stored in a contact property? If so, the first step would be to create an automated email and add all the information about the contact into that email, using personalization tokens, e.g. first name, last name, email address.

Then, under Menu > Automation > Workflows, you would set up a contact-based workflow that triggers when "Referral code is known" (potentially spelled differently, depending on what your property is called).

You would then create an if/then branch for each referrer. For example, one branch for "Referral code is equal to A001", one branch for "Referral code is equal to A002", one branch for "Referral code is equal to A003" etc. (Codes are obviously made up, you would use yours.)

In each branch, you can then add your automated email from above via the "Send internal marketing email" workflow action. Here you can add specific recipient email addresses. For the A001 branch, add the referrer email address of A001 and so on.

If you have the GDPR settings enabled in your portal, make sure that each referrer is also a contact in your CRM and opted into the subscription type that you chose for the automated email. Otherwise HubSpot will not send the email.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

squigglebit
投稿者

解決

Any suggestions based on the referral codes being in the upper thousands? the if/then would not be a viable option

But yes they are contact properties.

0 いいね!
karstenkoehler
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @squigglebit,

This would require custom code and an Operations Hub Professional subscription. I'm not aware of any ways to achieve this with Marketing Hub Professional or Enterprise.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 いいね!
squigglebit
投稿者

解決

We have everything at enterprise level 🙂 Ok I'll speak with my developer and see what we can do

0 いいね!