Auto-tagging/assigning contact properties

Zum_SaaSjobs

Hi there,

We run a job board where we have two types of contacts that come through the site: "Job Seekers" and "Hiring Companies". Currently, completed forms on our site automatically pull in contacts to the CRM, but there is no differentiation between the two types of contacts.

Can we assign a tag/property to a contact record automatically, depending on what form the user has completed?

For clarity, there is a different form for a Job Seeker and a Company.

Thanks,

Zumar

1 Reply 1
bradmin
Key Advisor

Hi, @Zum_SaaSjobs. The easiest way to accomplish this is to pass hidden form fields with values which are meaningful for segmentation. For the example you describe, you could use the Lead Source picklist (or make up a custom or text field) to pass a value of "Job Seeker" or "Company".

When someone submits, all visible form fields are written to the contact record, as well as any hidden form field values you define. There are other ways to accomplish similar objectives, but this is absolutely the easiest and gives you the most control. I recommend using a picklist versus a text field, as it's less prone to errors or issues with data integrity. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.