Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

CBUKUser
Participant

Auto lookup of company type

SOLVE

Hi,

Is there a way that I can upload a list of companies that are a certain type so that in future when I upload contacts they will be tagged as one type or the other?

I guess I'm looking to be able to upload a lookup table and if the company name matches tag them.

Also, as we are B2B only, I'd like to do the same with free email providers, if email contains gmail etc, add to suppression. I have a list of 3600+ free email providers so a manual process adding them to workflows would take forever.

Sorry for rambling but I've realised that the two things are one and the same challenge: -

Can I upload a .csv file that can then be used as a reference list for workflows, instead of manually adding each line to a workflow?

Hope that makes sense and someone can help me.

1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @CBUKUser. There is a contact-company association that happens, but it's on the email domain (of the company and contact), and not the company name. 

Check out this help article. If you enable a setting that allows for automatic association of contacts and companies on domain, future adds/imports will associate those contacts to the company, based on the domain match. 

As for the suppression list, I'd create a workflow that automatically adds contacts to that list, if their email is among the ISPs/providers you'd prefer to suppress. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @CBUKUser. There is a contact-company association that happens, but it's on the email domain (of the company and contact), and not the company name. 

Check out this help article. If you enable a setting that allows for automatic association of contacts and companies on domain, future adds/imports will associate those contacts to the company, based on the domain match. 

As for the suppression list, I'd create a workflow that automatically adds contacts to that list, if their email is among the ISPs/providers you'd prefer to suppress. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
CBUKUser
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks vey much for your help @bradmin!

0 Upvotes