Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

RodrigoAddor
Participant

Associate company to contact using workflow

SOLVE

Hey guys,

All my deals have contacts and companies associated. When the contact is not the right one, I create a new contact inside the deal, so it automatically associate to the deal, but not to the company.

How can I create a workflow that automacatilly associate the new contact to the company that is associated to the deal?

Is that possible?

1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

>>"How can I create a workflow that automacatilly associate the new contact to the company that is associated to the deal?"

HubSpot has no built-in functionality to associate objects via a workflow. Sorry. We're hoping for this in the future.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Author, the Perfect HubSpot Series

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
RBozeman
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @RodrigoAddor,

Not sure if this is still a priority for you as it has been awhile, but wanted to help if I could. As @MFrankJohnson noted there is no way to do this currently using the standard HubSpot features. 

However, I believe you can custom code a solution for this in Operations Hub if that is something that might work for you. Here, here, and here are some recent forum threads on that for some context. 

Also wanted to mention that Insycle   (full disclosure, I work for Insycle) allows you to associate contacts, companies, deals, and custom objects in Workflows. You can use any field in your database as a matching field, so you'll catch a lot more associations than you would using the standard automatic associations feature, especially if you build multiple templates using multiple fields. You can also manage primary associations/labels/child-parent associations in Workflows as well. 

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

>>"How can I create a workflow that automacatilly associate the new contact to the company that is associated to the deal?"

HubSpot has no built-in functionality to associate objects via a workflow. Sorry. We're hoping for this in the future.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Author, the Perfect HubSpot Series

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
RodrigoAddor
Participant

SOLVE

I hope so! 

Thanks 🙂