Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

theScott
Top colaborador(a)

Are there transactional email filters for building lists?

resolver

I am working on clearing out old and irrelevant contacts from our database. I want to keep anyone who has received a transactional email. Is there a filter I can use to identify those contacts without having to add a filter for each individual transactional email we've sent over the past few years? There are a lot, so I'd really prefer to not do that.

Filtering on the contact properties "Last email name" or "Emails delivered" would be perfect, but those only count marketing emails. They don't include transactional emails.

1 Solução aceita
edjusten
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @theScott At this time, transactional mail filters are not available. 

Ed 

INBOUND 2017 is just around the corner. Find out more at inbound.com or check out the post on the main Community page.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
6 Respostas 6
chrisminar
Participante

resolver

I agree.  This would be a great feauture for us.

0 Avaliação positiva
__Pablo__
Participante

resolver

I am having a similar case, where I have to filter all the contacts who had received a transactional email to avoid send them another unnecessary email, but the amount is so high that make it impossible do it manually.

0 Avaliação positiva
theScott
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

My guess is that it isn't an option becuase transactional email recipients may not be contacts in your HubSpot database. If you have the token set to not create new contacts, then those email addresses never live in the Contacts database. When you use list filters, the filters look at contacts in that database, so the filters wouldn't work as you intend since the transactional email recipients wouldn't be there and therefore wouldn't get filtered out.

0 Avaliação positiva
lukecoburn
Participante

resolver

Did you ever find a way around this?  I am going through the same process of searching for unengaged Contacts, but I have a lot of people who are unengaged in marketing email but have recently filled out a form and received a transactional email.  I can't find a good way of filtering them out, without doing things like naming every form that they may have used or making assumptions about their time of last session on our website.  Visibility to transactional email would be perfect, but I'm not seeing it as an option.

0 Avaliação positiva
theScott
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

No, I have not. And it's even tremendously more difficult now that they've hosed their list-building filter setup with the most recent update.

0 Avaliação positiva
edjusten
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @theScott At this time, transactional mail filters are not available. 

Ed 

INBOUND 2017 is just around the corner. Find out more at inbound.com or check out the post on the main Community page.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Avaliação positiva