Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

carlyejowens
Participant

An Unknown Error Occurred During This Import

Résolue

I am suddenly unable to import any lists.  I have tried several files from multiple computers over several days (the problem started occurring on Monday 2/12) and I have checked to confirm that the headers are corrrect and all the files are in the correct format.  Each time I get an error saying "an unknown error occurred during this import".  This is a major problem for me.  Someone please help! 

1 Solution acceptée
roisinkirby
Solution
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Résolue

Hey @carlyejowens let's continue to correspond 1:1 via private message. 

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
9 Réponses
bradmin
Conseiller clé

Résolue

Hi, @carlyejowens. HubSpot Support can best diagnose these kinds of issues, but to confirm: Does your user record in HubSpot have the ability to import records? It sounds like you had that ability previously, but maybe your user record has changed since then. 

If the import function is active on your user record, are you seeing records of your imports on the Imports screen? Is it the sort of issue where 0 contacts on your .csv are being processed? If that's the case, click the Actions tab on the right of the import, and download a .csv of the errors - each row will have more information as to what failed during the import. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Votes
carlyejowens
Participant

Résolue

I use the free CRM so I was under the impression that support can't help me.  

I am a Super Admin so I assume I have the ability to import but I'm not sure where to check that to verify.

There are records of each import, zero records are being imported, but there are no errors.  Here's a screen shot: 

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 10.12.22 AM.png

0 Votes
bradmin
Conseiller clé

Résolue

Something about that doesn't look right. @andrewf86, does this screen shot look similar to the issue you described in your post

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Votes
carlyejowens
Participant

Résolue

It seems like Andrew was having trouble with importing contacts and associating them with his chosen company rather than the company that HubSpot was choosing.  That doesn't seem related to this issue.

0 Votes
roisinkirby

Résolue

Hey @carlyejowens, I'm happy to assist here and will partner further with HubSpot Support if required.

First and foremost, can you confirm if any error messages display when you either click/hover over the alert icon? If so, can you please share the error message in this thread?

Secondly, can you please review the below and confirm you have troubleshooted each?

With the information/confirmation above I"ll be able to proceed further with our support team. Thanks!

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Your import file must be saved as a .csv file to be compatible with the HubSpot import tool.
  2. You can only import up 250,000 contacts per .csv file. HubSpot does not have a file size limit on imports; however, it's important to note that the request to import may time out if the speed of your internet connection does not allow you to upload a large file. 
  3. Your .csv file must include email addresses for each contact you are importing. If you've enabled HubSpot's CRM, it is possible to import contacts without an email address, but keep in mind that HubSpot will not be able to deduplicate these contacts automatically. 
  4. You cannot import values for IP Address or Create Date.
  5. All columns in the .csv file must have headers to indicate which contact property the column refers to.
  6. If any of the columns you've selected for import do not correspond with a property or property value in HubSpot, you need to create a property to store the information in that column. Learn more here.
  7. All responses to questions on the Confirm list validity screen must be true for the import to proceed.
  8. Confirm that your .csv file is UTF-8 encoded using one of the methods listed below. Please be aware that Method 1 is preferable, as there may be times UTF-Encoding in Excel does not work as expected.
0 Votes
carlyejowens
Participant

Résolue

Any progress on this?

0 Votes
roisinkirby
Solution

Résolue

Hey @carlyejowens let's continue to correspond 1:1 via private message. 

0 Votes
smiddle
Membre

Résolue

Hi, did this get resolved? I'm having the same issue. I successfully imported 7 files today, then I started getting this error on every attempt after that.

0 Votes
carlyejowens
Participant

Résolue

The error message is "an unknown error occurred during this import".  I have confirmed each of the factors you listed. 

I have no trouble uploading the exact same files to other HubSpot accounts that I have for clients under separate emails.  

0 Votes