Allow a contact to be tied to a 'custom content' type.

andyx2
Member | Partner

For example, a contact that has multiple vehicles, each of those different vehicles has 20 different fields. I would want to create a 'content type' that allow me to create the different fields for the vehicle. Then I could create various entries for the different vehicles that the customer has, and tie it to a contact record. This is basically how 'deals' works already within hubspot.

The other way I can think to do with would be to create the ability to have a set of fields that are repeating in the normal contact properties area.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

Q: Allow a contact to be tied to a 'custom content' type.

Example, a contact that has multiple vehicles, each of those different vehicles has 20 different fields. I would want to create a 'content type' that allow me to create the different fields for the vehicle. Then I could create various entries for the different vehicles that the customer has, and tie it to a contact record. This is basically how 'deals' works already within hubspot.

Short A: Ok. No.

Longer A: It's sometimes easy to get sucked into the 'create a custom contact property abyss' when dealing with CRMs. I get that. However, sometimes that's just not the most efficient way in HubSpot ... for a variety of reasons.

-1- HubSpot CRM isn't the 1st choice for highly customizable CRMs.

-2- Adding enumerated (or repeating) fields in any CRM is rarely an efficient solution.

-3- Even if you did customize HS with repeating fields as mentioned above, you wouldn't have enough screen real estate to use them effectively because the HubSpot CRM screen isn't totally customizable. IOW - unlike Salesforce, you can't resize frames individualy within the contact record screen.

Solution? Sure.

-1- Add the 'vehicles' for each contact to a note in the contact record and pin it to the top of the contact record. 

Pros - You're not bloating the DB with empty fields for the majority of contacts who only have a few vehicles, you can quickly see all of their vehicles at 1st glance upon opening the contact record, and you're not wasting screen real estate.

Cons - Obviously, you can't search for or filter for these items. Nor can you see them in preview mode.

-2- Move to a more customizable CRM

Hope that helps. 

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDid my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

Note: The date of each post here is increasingly important as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

-- Visit

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

HubSpot's Hiring World-Wide!

0 Upvotes