Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

mclayton
Participant

Alert on List Size

SOLVE

is there any way to get notified when a contact list size falls below a certain size/count?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Alert on List Size

SOLVE

Hi @mclayton,

This is currently not possible, at least not natively in HubSpot. You could explore using Zapier for this, e.g. adding a new row in a Google Sheet whenever a contact is added to a list. Create a field that counts the rows and once it reaches a defined value, trigger an email send using one of the many email integrations in Zapier. (Make sure to discuss this with your data privacy officer since you'd be handling personal data in an additional tool.)

... or, much less work: Bookmark the list or pin it to your browser and check in manually on a regular basis.

There is also a post in the HubSpot Ideas section: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Count-of-list-size/idi-p/384645 I'd recommend upvoting, the product team reviews these ideas.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
benvanlooy
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Alert on List Size

SOLVE

You've got my vote.

I'm pretty surprised this isn't a feature.

We have many clients that often do events and wanna limit this to a specific amount.

I woud have thought this would be a pretty basic action in workflows.. It's really simple
> when there's a new subscriber to a list > count list > if target reached > trigger something..

Alternatively:

It would also be handy to conditionally show or hide a form on a page depending on a list size.
But support tells me, also this, is not possible 💁‍♂️

Only clean way would probably be to write an external cron job, that checks the list size in Hubspot 💀 but that seems a bit over the top to achieve such a simple task.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Alert on List Size

SOLVE

Hi @mclayton,

This is currently not possible, at least not natively in HubSpot. You could explore using Zapier for this, e.g. adding a new row in a Google Sheet whenever a contact is added to a list. Create a field that counts the rows and once it reaches a defined value, trigger an email send using one of the many email integrations in Zapier. (Make sure to discuss this with your data privacy officer since you'd be handling personal data in an additional tool.)

... or, much less work: Bookmark the list or pin it to your browser and check in manually on a regular basis.

There is also a post in the HubSpot Ideas section: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Count-of-list-size/idi-p/384645 I'd recommend upvoting, the product team reviews these ideas.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes