Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

KLottoShabat2
Participante

Adding scores for conference meeting leads

resolver

Hi,

I want to give a certain score (15) to leads we had pre-scheduled meetings with at conferences. I understand that the best way to do this is:
- create a list of these contacts and import them as a list
- Under the custom property 'hubspot score' I add a criteria which is 'list membership' and select the list I had imported.

Now, my question: for the next conference, do I have to create a new criteria or can I add the list with an 'and' to the previous criteria that I have created? 
I'm thinking that if I add the second list with an 'and', the lead has to be part of both lists, in a similar logic to the workflow logic. But then, after a couple of conferences, that hubspot score definition gets endlessly long and confusing.

Thanks,

Kathrin 

0 Me gusta
2 Soluciones aceptadas
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @KLottoShabat2,

If you add the next list under the same filter criterion using AND, HubSpot would only award the score points when a contacts has in fact meetings for both conferences. If a contact has only had one, they would not get the points. You need to set up another criterion for the new list, correct.

(And yes, the list would get quite long. Scoring is currently a bit limited in this regard.)

Are you planning on adding large numbers of lists? For up to 20 lists, I would probably go with the solution described above. Beyond that, it would make sense to set up a number property which counts up based on number of meetings. You can set up rules like "x points when contacts has a number higher than 50" etc.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @KLottoShabat2,

If this is a yes/no property, then unfortunately this would only count one event – I understood that you want to award points multiple times, depending on how many events there were, correct?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
5 Respuestas 5
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @KLottoShabat2,

If you add the next list under the same filter criterion using AND, HubSpot would only award the score points when a contacts has in fact meetings for both conferences. If a contact has only had one, they would not get the points. You need to set up another criterion for the new list, correct.

(And yes, the list would get quite long. Scoring is currently a bit limited in this regard.)

Are you planning on adding large numbers of lists? For up to 20 lists, I would probably go with the solution described above. Beyond that, it would make sense to set up a number property which counts up based on number of meetings. You can set up rules like "x points when contacts has a number higher than 50" etc.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

KLottoShabat2
Participante

resolver

Karsten, 

I just wondered: could I maybe solve this in a smarter way by creating a custom property 'qualified conference meetings' and then an active list for contacts with this custom property and in the hubspot score criteria add the active list? 
Do you see a catch with this?

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @KLottoShabat2,

If this is a yes/no property, then unfortunately this would only count one event – I understood that you want to award points multiple times, depending on how many events there were, correct?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Me gusta
KLottoShabat2
Participante

resolver

Correct, it's be a yes/no property. So I see I have no choice but deal with long scoring criteria lists. 

0 Me gusta
KLottoShabat2
Participante

resolver

Thanks Karsten. That's indeed not very practical. Hope HS will propose a solution for this one day... 
Best,
Kathrin

0 Me gusta