Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Brandy13
Participant

Adding a customer type to contacts via Shopify integration

SOLVE

Hi, I have the Shopify integration and want to auto assign a customer type to my contacts coming over from Shopify into Hubspot CRM. 

Anyone know how to do this? 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Yeah, we'll want to look at the new contacts being created. Let's look at their source values. (see image)

hubspot-crm-contact-sources.png

If they're clearly identified as having come from Shopify we can build a workflow to flag a custom contact property as "B2C" based on that.

Book a call with me from my website and I'll walk you through it via screen sharing.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Frank

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Remember to include @MFrankJohnson in your message if you'd like me to reply.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

@Brandy13, need more info about your 'customer type' ...

What criteria are you using to 'type' your customers. Perhaps it's something we can do within HubSpot after the integration creates the customer records.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Brandy13
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, @MFJLabs thank you for the reply.

MFJLabs: What criteria are you using to 'type' your customers. Perhaps it's something we can do within HubSpot after the integration creates the customer records.

I'd like all customer records input into the Hubspot CRM from Shopify to be labeled as B2C. 

There's a secondary label automatically added to the contact when pushed into Hubspot which is "Accepts Marketing", which is great, but I need a initial label of B2C to be added automatically. 

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Yeah, we'll want to look at the new contacts being created. Let's look at their source values. (see image)

hubspot-crm-contact-sources.png

If they're clearly identified as having come from Shopify we can build a workflow to flag a custom contact property as "B2C" based on that.

Book a call with me from my website and I'll walk you through it via screen sharing.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Frank

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Remember to include @MFrankJohnson in your message if you'd like me to reply.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes