Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

vYzion

Adding Companies

SOLVE

Is there a way to add fields to the "Add Company" item?  It's a bit cumbersome to have to add the company then go to the company page to fill out the rest of the information.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Adding Companies

SOLVE

Hi @Trublov

Correct, the free-only CRM does not appear to support this function. It appears to turn on when you take out a paid marketing software subscription - I presume this includes the $200 per month Starter package. @roisinkirby are you able to confirm this? 

I appreciate that this may be frustrating but I can assure you that as CRMs go, especially free ones, HubSpot is really good choice. No software is perfect, but persevering with HubSpot will put you in a really good position later. More complex tools can leave you 'painted in a corner'.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Phil_Vallender

Adding Companies

SOLVE

Hi @vYzion

Yes, you can do this. Head over to the Sale Settings and click 'Manage' alongside 'Choose the properties your team sees when creating companies'.

Settings.png

Hope that helps.

0 Upvotes
Trublov
Participant

Adding Companies

SOLVE

Hi,

I'm trying to find out how to set the properties that you see when creating companies.

If I go to sales - settings- contacts and companies, I don't have the option of setting the properties.

It just doesn't appear on the list of things I can do.

See attached screen shot. Any ideas folks?Screenshot (20).png

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

Adding Companies

SOLVE

Hi @Trublov

My apologies, this option appears to be different between free and paid accounts. I can see that in my free CRM portal I cannot customise the new contact or company fields but in my paid portal I can. 

Sorry about that.

0 Upvotes
Trublov
Participant

Adding Companies

SOLVE

Hi Phil,

I appreciate the speedy response!

So, just to be clear, the free version does not allow me to set the properties that people see when setting up a new company?

If that's the case, it makes it a bit unusable as it'll take too long to set companies up. Seems a shame!

Cheers.

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

Adding Companies

SOLVE

Hi @Trublov

Correct, the free-only CRM does not appear to support this function. It appears to turn on when you take out a paid marketing software subscription - I presume this includes the $200 per month Starter package. @roisinkirby are you able to confirm this? 

I appreciate that this may be frustrating but I can assure you that as CRMs go, especially free ones, HubSpot is really good choice. No software is perfect, but persevering with HubSpot will put you in a really good position later. More complex tools can leave you 'painted in a corner'.

Trublov
Participant

Adding Companies

SOLVE

Cheers Phil, much appreciated.

I'll see if I can work around this issue for the time being.

Great response thought. Thanks

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Adding Companies

SOLVE

@Trublov sorry to jump in a bit late here, but you should be able to customize what fields users see when adding companies in the free CRM. I would recommend confirming your user permissions, as this may be preventing you from seeing this option, however if this is still something that you are struggling with, please let me know. I want to make sure you are able to access all functionalities within HubSpot! 

0 Upvotes