Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

dwightbailey
Contributor

Add a step in a workflow to ensure a contact doesn't receive automated email multiple times

SOLVE

I have a workflow that sends a follow-up email to every contact that downloads something from our website (as a result of filling out a form).

If the contact downloads multiple things across a few days, I don't want them receiving the email over and over again - I only want them to receive the f/up email once and then not again for a month.

How do I set this up in the workflow please?

Thanks,

Dwight

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Add a step in a workflow to ensure a contact doesn't receive automated email multiple times

SOLVE

Hi @dwightbailey,

This is what it would have to look like:

karstenkoehler_0-1685713394347.png

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @dwightbailey,

If you want to have a timer on this, you would need a custom date contact property. You could call this "Last follow-up email send date".

In your content offer workflows, you would do the following:

1. Enroll contacts as usual
  2. Create an if/then branch that checks whether the Last follow-up email send date is more than 30 days ago.
  3. If it is, add an action to send the follow-up email. Then use the Set property value workflow action to set the value of Last follow-up email send date to the date of the step.
  4. If it is not, proceed without sending the follow-up email.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

dwightbailey
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks v much @karstenkoehler Can you tell me if I'm doing this right? Screenshot_12.jpg

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @dwightbailey,

Could you share a screenshot of the entire workflow? The second branch looks off and not like what I suggested in my reply.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
dwightbailey
Contributor

SOLVE

Screenshot_12.jpg

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @dwightbailey,

This is what it would have to look like:

karstenkoehler_0-1685713394347.png

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

dwightbailey
Contributor

SOLVE

Tks v much for your help..............how do I get the "first check" bit onto the if/when branch?

dwightbailey_0-1685715635024.png

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @dwightbailey,

This is set automatically when you create an if/then branch with two options. Just save the if/then branch action and it'll look like that.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes