Active List: Filter to include "Customer Date is known"

HHagan_in2itive

What I'm trying to get at is an Active List with all of our currtent customers. I've created an active list and filtered for "Customer Date is known." What I've found is there are some previous (or inactive) customers making their way on this list. Is there something my sales team can do to mark these customers inactive or show their deal as complete? Bonus points if you can then also explain the next filter I should add to remove the "inactive" customers. 

Thanks so much! Very new to hubspot. 

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
DanielSanchez
Key Advisor

Hi @HHagan_in2itive 

What do you consider inactive customers? If you sell any subscription services for example? If so, I think you will need to create 1 property to classify these signup contacts as active and / or inactive and use workflows to assist with this maintenance. But then you would need to understand your case better.

If you simply want to pull by the date, it will come based on the date you became a customer. In bellow example, u can see an list of contacts became a customer after 01/12.

became-customer-date.PNG

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Best regards! 🙂

HHagan_in2itive

Thank  you so much for the response. I guess by inactive customers I really mean former customers. For example, we sell a medical billing service. We have some people who were customers for a few years and have given notice and are either doing it themselves or working with another provider. 

I wonder if I should focus on "deals" more than customers. What do you think?

0 Upvotes
DanielSanchez
Key Advisor

Hi @HHagan_in2itive 

I'm not a sales expert, but the knowledge I have is that deals should be used even for this case. Because it is important for your old customers not to lose customer status. Then focusing on deals, you can consult the deals in process.

One customer can have many deals.

With pipeline, u can create the steps (columns) to control your deals, and know more about your deals and sales team.

Best regards!

0 Upvotes