Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

geopartin

Active List And/Or Logic

SOLVE

Hello!

I am trying to create an active list with the following desired criteria.

FieldA

and

FieldB

and

FieldC

and

(Field1 OR Field2 OR Field3)

The issue is there's no way to flip an And to an Or within a single group. Are there any workarounds?

1 Accepted solution
mike-ward
Solution
Key Advisor

Active List And/Or Logic

SOLVE

Karsten's answer is detailed, but I think you missed the fact that Field A and Field 1 are different Karsten.

In your naming I think this would be:

A and B and C and (X or Y or Z)

The answer is right though @geopartin  - this is a rather frustrating limitation of the current tool. You can either do this:

A and B and C and X

OR

A and B and C and Y

OR

A and B and C and Z

or you can make a second list. I would definitely vote for the second list option as Karsten mentioned already. It's a pain, but it's actually not unhelpful to have sub-lists like this, not least because you can standardize the definition of something and then re-use it. And it prevents the gymnastics or trying to do the logic above.

@sharonlicari I was sure there was an Idea for this in the ideas forum to improve the conditional logic in lists. But I just searched and can't for the life of me find it. Can you see if your search-fu is better than mine? We should all be upvoting that to improve this situation in the future 🙂 This has caught me out before and had some slightly painful business implications when I messed it up!

Cheers,

Mike

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
mike-ward
Key Advisor

Active List And/Or Logic

SOLVE

Thanks @JoeMayall and @sharonlicari - you've found it! This is the one I was looking for:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Allow-advanced-filter-logic-with-parentheses-for-list...

For anybody finding this thread in future, please add your upvote to that idea so it can get more visibility. I suspect that while this would be a fairly trivial front-end change, it has larger implications for query performance on the server side, so it will need a fair amount of requests in order to make it to the roadmap. Let's all upvote it and try and make it happen 🙂

Thanks,

Mike

mike-ward
Solution
Key Advisor

Active List And/Or Logic

SOLVE

Karsten's answer is detailed, but I think you missed the fact that Field A and Field 1 are different Karsten.

In your naming I think this would be:

A and B and C and (X or Y or Z)

The answer is right though @geopartin  - this is a rather frustrating limitation of the current tool. You can either do this:

A and B and C and X

OR

A and B and C and Y

OR

A and B and C and Z

or you can make a second list. I would definitely vote for the second list option as Karsten mentioned already. It's a pain, but it's actually not unhelpful to have sub-lists like this, not least because you can standardize the definition of something and then re-use it. And it prevents the gymnastics or trying to do the logic above.

@sharonlicari I was sure there was an Idea for this in the ideas forum to improve the conditional logic in lists. But I just searched and can't for the life of me find it. Can you see if your search-fu is better than mine? We should all be upvoting that to improve this situation in the future 🙂 This has caught me out before and had some slightly painful business implications when I messed it up!

Cheers,

Mike

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Active List And/Or Logic

SOLVE

Thank you for the tag @mike-ward, I'm pretty sure Joe from the Ideas forum can help us with this.

Hey @JoeMayall do you know if there is an idea similar to this thread?

Thanks

Sharon 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
JoeMayall
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Active List And/Or Logic

SOLVE

Thanks @sharonlicari !

@mike-ward here are a few Ideas discussing alterations to the List logic. Was one of these what you were looking for?

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Allow-advanced-filter-logic-with-parentheses-for-list...

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Change-And-Or-Logic-on-Saved-List/idi-p/365995

Here's a link to my search. If you find the thread you had in mind, let me know as I'd love to upvote!

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Active List And/Or Logic

SOLVE

Thanks @mike-ward! Completely misread that. Thanks for pointing that out and the additional context, I've updated my previous post.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Active List And/Or Logic

SOLVE

Hi @geopartin,

The easiest way to do this is by building a second list:

List 1: A and B and C and member of List 2

List 2: 1 or 2 or 3

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

geopartin

Active List And/Or Logic

SOLVE

Additionally for is there a way to switch "Is between" to number of days instead of calendar date?

0 Upvotes