Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

KatrinaS

Ability to add links to internal notifications in deal-based workflows

SOLVE

We send internal notifications to our sales team when a deal has been won and when a customer reaches 'live' stage. This is done via a deal-based workflow.

We'd like to add in a link in the internal email notification so that people can go in and view the deal, however there doesn't seem to be a way to do this. 

Can anyone suggest a work around?

Thanks.

3 Accepted solutions
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Q: We'd like to add in a link in the internal email notification so that people can go in and view the deal. Is there a way to do this??

Short A: Yes.

Longer A:

You'll want to add the following code to your internal notification.

Where <Portal ID> = HubSpot Portal ID

Where <Deal: Deal ID> = Deal Token Deal ID

https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/<Portal ID>/deal/<Deal: Deal ID>

- see image (Deal Workflow Internal Email Example)Hubspot Deal Workflow Internal NotificationHubspot Deal Workflow Internal Notification

- see image (Resulting Email Notification Example)hubspot-deals-notification-with-link-to-deal-email.png

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

isabelv4
Solution

SOLVE

This is working for me. You just need to use the new "Record ID" field instead of the "Deal ID" field. Hubspot recently renamed the field to standardize it across modules. Just make sure there are no spaces between the URL and the token.

isabelv4
Solution

SOLVE

Sure thing.

In the Automate section of Deals / Pipelines, here's what I did: 

1. I selected a stage in the Deal pipeline and clicked on "Create workflow"

2. I selected "Send internal notification email"
3. In the body, I used this content:

See complete deal record info here: https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/########/deal/[Record ID]

To add the dynamic field [Record ID], you should click the "Personalize" button, select Type: "Deal", and then select Token "Record ID".  

Instead of ######, you should use your Hubspot account ID.

As I mentioned in my previous message, to create a URL like this, you must check there are no spaces between the URL and the Record ID. I did multiple tests until I got it right. 

Let me know if you need more info. 

13 Replies 13
DD2
Participant

SOLVE

You need to now use Record ID

DDulwich_0-1700648151140.png

0 Upvotes
Trumani
Participant

SOLVE

@DD2May I ask how you make that a link?

0 Upvotes
DD2
Participant

SOLVE

See if the screenshot helps:

DDulwich_0-1711028490369.png

0 Upvotes
Trumani
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you! I did not think to use the task action. Here's what I tried to do in the email notification. I can make the link but I can't figure out how to add the url with the token (e.g. Record ID) into hyperlinked text instead of showing the URL.Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 09-58-13 Deal Update Prompt HubSpot.png

0 Upvotes
EShoemake
Contributor

SOLVE

I wanted to provide some additional insights on this topic. I stumbled upon this thread, and while the solution brought me close to what I needed, further research eventually led me to the exact solution I was looking for.

Here's my scenario: I send automated internal marketing emails (via workflow) to my sales team when a web lead submits a form and selects a state within their territory. My sales team had a specific request: they wanted the email notification to include a "Go to Contact Record" button, similar to the Hubspot notifications for contact owner updates. The link formats I initially tried from this thread didn't quite work, but I finally found a format that worked perfectly and allowed me to integrate it into a button as a URL:

As pointed out by @isabelv4, it's essential to replace "######" with your Hubspot account ID (You can also find this if you open any contact record and look at the number listed between contacts/######"/record). 

Additionally, make sure to use the precise spacing in the link example above and the property's internal value. I initially formatted it as {{contact.hs_object_id}}, but the absence of spaces on either side of the token value caused it not to function properly.

I know this is relevant for contact properties, and not deals, but thought I'd post anyways in case it can help someone, as this is the thread I found in my search for a solution. 

DEbert
Contributor

SOLVE

Any Update to this? Should be pretty easy to implement since we have this feature already on other notifications. 

0 Upvotes
loyti
Participant

SOLVE

This is no longer a working solution

0 Upvotes
isabelv4

SOLVE

This is working for me. You just need to use the new "Record ID" field instead of the "Deal ID" field. Hubspot recently renamed the field to standardize it across modules. Just make sure there are no spaces between the URL and the token.

0 Upvotes
aljones
Contributor

SOLVE

yes - this doesn't work anymore. does anyone else have a solution?

0 Upvotes
isabelv4
Solution

SOLVE

DStetz

SOLVE

@isabelv4  Would you be able to provide the exact formatting you used here? I've tested several options using Record ID but none of them were successful. Thanks! 

isabelv4
Solution

SOLVE

Sure thing.

In the Automate section of Deals / Pipelines, here's what I did: 

1. I selected a stage in the Deal pipeline and clicked on "Create workflow"

2. I selected "Send internal notification email"
3. In the body, I used this content:

See complete deal record info here: https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/########/deal/[Record ID]

To add the dynamic field [Record ID], you should click the "Personalize" button, select Type: "Deal", and then select Token "Record ID".  

Instead of ######, you should use your Hubspot account ID.

As I mentioned in my previous message, to create a URL like this, you must check there are no spaces between the URL and the Record ID. I did multiple tests until I got it right. 

Let me know if you need more info. 

MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Q: We'd like to add in a link in the internal email notification so that people can go in and view the deal. Is there a way to do this??

Short A: Yes.

Longer A:

You'll want to add the following code to your internal notification.

Where <Portal ID> = HubSpot Portal ID

Where <Deal: Deal ID> = Deal Token Deal ID

https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/<Portal ID>/deal/<Deal: Deal ID>

- see image (Deal Workflow Internal Email Example)Hubspot Deal Workflow Internal NotificationHubspot Deal Workflow Internal Notification

- see image (Resulting Email Notification Example)hubspot-deals-notification-with-link-to-deal-email.png

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com