Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

Jeanisrad
Participant

2 branches in a workflow simultaneously?

Is it possible that you can have a condition that sends a lead down two branches in a workflow, vs just the first?

Scenario: Workflow sends an email to get the customer to do 2 things. The salesperson toggles yes or no on both. I want different things to happen based on this.

Is there a way? Or do I need to create branches for 4 scenario: yy yn ny nn?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Jeanisrad
Participant

Thanks Karsten. I ended up creating 4 conditions in the branches for the 4 scenarios as my solve. 

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @Jeanisrad,

Could you share some more details about the action that the sales person is taking? What exactly are they doing and what should be triggered by their action?

Generally, you can't send contacts down two paths at once. However, workflows execute almost immediately. If you set up two workflows, they are essentially two branches that execute at virtually the same time. Unless you're working in a portal with hundred of workflows, we're probably talking seconds here.

If you want to keep things within one workflow, you could use the "Go to other action" step.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
Crystal_Hopper
Key Advisor

Hi @Jeanisrad! I believe the answer is nested branches for each scenario within 1 Workflow. Or you could consider kicking a contact out to another Workflow at some stage if you want the 2 Workflows to be able to work simultaneously. This may help you keep the flows shorter so your head can think through them better. It might also be good for testing. When you're comfortable you might put them all back inside 1 Workflow.

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.
0 Upvotes