HubSpot Academy Support

bluecollarben
Participant

SEO 2018 Canonical Page

SOLVE

In the 2018 SEO training course creating a canonical pillar page is discussed. What is the reasoning for making the page canonical? Would it contain so much duplicate content that is may be penalized by a search engine? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
cbsembler
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

SEO 2018 Canonical Page

SOLVE

Hello @bluecollarben

In this lesson when we say “a canonical piece of content,” we mean a piece of content that is the most all-encompassing/authoritative on the subject – not that it’s a master copy of any other page.  

If you have additional questions about this lesson or canonical content please let me know. 

Best, 

Courtney Sembler 

Inbound Professor 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
erwinpratama

SEO 2018 Canonical Page

SOLVE

Then, how about seo in 2021?

Regards : erwin pratama

0 Upvotes
masyamtot

SEO 2018 Canonical Page

SOLVE

For most marketers the process is not as complex. Time is an issue and weekly tracking makes you guess, second guess, pray, cross your fingers, and read a few blogs to get the latest SEO tips, tricks and trends in yogjo.

0 Upvotes
cbsembler
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

SEO 2018 Canonical Page

SOLVE

Hello @bluecollarben

In this lesson when we say “a canonical piece of content,” we mean a piece of content that is the most all-encompassing/authoritative on the subject – not that it’s a master copy of any other page.  

If you have additional questions about this lesson or canonical content please let me know. 

Best, 

Courtney Sembler 

Inbound Professor 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy
bluecollarben
Participant

SEO 2018 Canonical Page

SOLVE

I see, sorry for the misunderstanding on my part.

0 Upvotes
Ranzevieno

SEO 2018 Canonical Page

SOLVE
Tbh
0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SEO 2018 Canonical Page

SOLVE

Hi @bluecollarben  Pinging one of our Academy professors for further comment.  Can you add any insight @cbsembler ?

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution