HubSpot Academy Support

Sarahkat2014
Participant

Practical Exercise Isn't Working

1. The email address you completed the certification with:

Sarahxxxxcom

2. The name of the certification

Contextual Marketing

3. The browsers you have tried loading the content in (name and version)

- Chrome (Version 74.0.3729.169 ), Chrome (Incognito), Safari (Version 12.1.1 (13607.2.6.1.2)

4. Screenshot of the teams tab within your learning center

Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 10.35.14 AM.png

5. Screenshot of the track tab of your learning center (after searching for your specific certification)

Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 10.35.58 AM.png

I have cleared my cache multiple times, I've made sure that Javascript is enabled on all pages, I don't have popups blocked.

Everytime I try to do the Practical application, it just opens a new tab and nothing happens. 

19 Replies 19
jimimarks33

I'm faicng the same problem with my learning. No practical vibes come when I do work. I have made some samples and blog  related to marketing for my practice. 

0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi @jimimarks33,

Thanks for reaching out! Which certification are you specifically working on? Currently, you will need the CMS subscription (Or you will need to sign up for a sanbox/dev account) in order to complete the certification mentioned above.

Best,
Cristina 

0 Upvotes
psebastian
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

Hi. I am running into the same issue as the person who posted this question, also with reference to Contextual Marketing. Below are some screenshots. 

The exercise I am trying to completeThe exercise I am trying to completeWhat the new window opens into before flashing a brief error message "upturned ice cream cone"What the new window opens into before flashing a brief error message "upturned ice cream cone"

I have tried clearing the cache, using a different browser and restarting the exercise. Is the issue because I don't have a paid account to "create a landing page or make edits to an existing one"? The company I work for has a paid hubspot account, can this not be linked to that?

I am also required to complete this certification, so I appreciate your help. I am also just one exercise away from certification completion, and would really like to complete this ASAP. 

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi @psebastian,

Thank you for reaching out! I ran your email address in our backend and I am seeing that you are currently a user in a paid subscription. Can you please double check with an admin that you have the approprite permissions to complete all of the exercises? Or are you trying to complete the certification in your free account?

Thank you,

Cristina 

0 Upvotes
DaniyalWWyne

Hi, Good Day

I just want to bring in your notice that i am unable to complete my contextual marketing certification. Can you please check what could be the issue as i am using free hubspot account?

0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi @DaniyalWWyne,

Thanks for reaching out! It seems that you have unfortunately failed the 'smart text' exercise. Unfortuantely, smart content is currently only available for marketing pro and marketing enterprise.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Cristina 

0 Upvotes
ammlmarketing

Hy @cristinaAW !

Same problem here. 

I have done 3 of 4 exercises + all the 60 question exam to gain the "Hubspot CMS For Marketers" certification to apply for a job offer....I only wasn`t able to do 1 exercise, since I needed the Marketing Hub Professional or above to complete. The other 3 exercises, I have done in the developer app. Will I still get the badge? Is there something you can do for me? Thanks in advance. 

0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi @ammlmarketing,

Apoloigies for the delay here. What is the practical exercise you were unable to complete? Are you still experiencing issues with this certification?

Best,

Cristina 

0 Upvotes
ammlmarketing

Everything`s ok now, I have finished already, thanks

DaniyalWWyne

Thanks

0 Upvotes
vrneuman
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Sarahkat2014 ,

Looking internally, I can see all your practical exercises marked as completed.  What remains now is re-taking the exam, since you last passed it longer than 13 months ago (full chart of how long certifications are valid here).  Have you had any trouble taking the exam?  

CMartinez6

Hi! I just finished taking the Hubspot Marketing Program exam and passed it. However, I need to complete the exercises and it asking me for "You need Marketing Hub Professional or above to complete this practical exercise." Any recommendations?

0 Upvotes
gonjohn

How do I complete my practical exercises?  I did the exercise but I dont see where to complete it other than "skip" button to go on to the next lesson.

0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi @GO ,

Thanks for reaching out! Which certification are you working on? More specifically, which exercise?

Best,

Cristina 

0 Upvotes
Sarahkat2014
Participant

@vrneuman I actually just passed the exam for the Contextual Marketing certificate about 2 days ago - I'm not able to complete the certification because the Practical Exercises won't work

I found another article that mentioned the practical application section wouldn't work if you are using a free HubSpot account. If that's the case, is there a way that the system can be overridden so I can actually get my certification?

0 Upvotes
vrneuman
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Sarahkat2014,

Thanks for the additional clarification.  I went ahead and put your account on a two week free trial of Marketing Professional, which should give you access to the tools you need to complete your final practical exercise.  The trial will end automatically after two weeks, so there's nothing you need to do on your end regarding it.  

DBrahme
Participant

Hello, 

I'm trying to complete a course at Hubspot Academy. The practical exercise called "Create an Active List In Hubspot" requires me to have a professional account to complete the exercise.

I do not have a professional account to complete this exercise.

Can I get some help regarding this issue?

Thank you

0 Upvotes
siris
Participant

Hi

I'm trying to take a course and I am unable to continue some practical exercises. It says I don't have the admin rights.

Can I be given the access to complete the course, please.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @siris,

What course are you trying to take and where are you getting stuck? 

Do you not have access to the tools, or is your portal not subscribed to the level associated with the certification? 

The more screenshots, details and information you can provide, the better the Community can assist!

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes