HubSpot Academy Support

GracielaT

[PROBLEM] Inbound Certification can't be added to Upwork

SOLVE

Hi there Hubspot Customer Support, hope you're having an awesome day!

I'm having a certification issue and I'm in need of your expertise.

So, here's the thing: I've successfully completed the Inbound (New) Certification, but I can't seem to find the add to Upwork option. I am a freelancer on Upwork and the reason why I took this certification is so that I'm able to display it on my Profile. So you see, this is a huge problem for me.

What should I do?

Looking forward to hearing your solution,

Graciela

P.S. Below I've attached a screenshot of when I tried to take the old Inbound Certification - the system just won't allow me to take it ever, again. Which is fine with me, since I've already successfully completed the Inbound (New) Certification. Problem is: The new one still hasn't been integrated with Upwork.

Screenshot (10).png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post quickly by accepting this solution today.

Q: Inbound (new) certification can't be added to Upwork?

Short A: Not yet available for addition to upwork.

hubspot-inbound-new-not-available-in-upwork-gif.gif

Longer A:

n/a

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution today.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post quickly by accepting this solution today.

Q: Inbound (new) certification can't be added to Upwork?

Short A: Not yet available for addition to upwork.

hubspot-inbound-new-not-available-in-upwork-gif.gif

Longer A:

n/a

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution today.

Best,
Frank

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
GracielaT

SOLVE

Hi again, 

Thank you for answering my previous inquiry, unfortunately, I do not find the answer to be helpful. I have attached an image on my previous post which shows that I can no longer take the old inbound certification. 

Here is the screenshot again if you missed the first one. 

Screenshot (10).png

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Hi G,

Sorry to hear that you didn't find the fact-based information helpful. But sarcasm is no help either. In other words, I didn't miss your first screenshot. I just found it irrelevant once I understood what the problem was/is -- UpDownWork! [my word] (big surprise -- see Upwork Status - click HISTORY) 🙂

To be clear before we go any further ... I don't work for HubSpot. Opinions expressed here are my own. HubSpotters (aka: employee's) are identified in the HubSpot Community by their titles and icons.
(see image)

hubspot-community-hubspot-employee-gif.gif

If you'd rather wait for help from a HubSpotter, that's cool.
-- stop reading now --

However, if you'd like feedback from someone who's been where you've been as a multi-certified HubSpot contractor, top-rated on 'UpDownWork', and with written 5-star recommendations dating as far back as the days of 'O' (aka: oDesk), that's cool too.
-- keep reading --

Fact: You can no longer (re-)take the OLD HubSpot Inbound Exam -- nothing you can do about that. But you might still be able to get it approved by UpDownWork. (a total waste of time in my opinion)

Fact: You've passed the NEW HubSpot Inbound Exam -- lot's you can do with this.

FactCURRENTLY, we cannot add our NEW HubSpot Inbound Exam certifications to UpDownWork -- nothing HubSpot can do about that.

Fact: UpDownWork approval of Hubspot certifications can be very sloooooowwww. (I stopped asking for approval after 30-days ... it's now been over 2-YEARS! -- a long dumba$$ story)

Fact: Again, HubSpot has zero control over if/when UpDownWork accepts a specific HubSpot certification for integration into the UpDownWork platform for use on profiles there.

While I rarely accept work from 'the green site' [my word], I consistently receive multiple invitations weekly, every week. And have for YEARS! -- longer dumber story for another time.

Here's how I've handled the UpDownWork ask-n-wait-forever situation ...

I've added my HubSpot certification CERTIFICATES directly to my portfolio. This is what that looks like to clients there.
(see scrolling image)mfrankjohnson-upwork-profile-gif.gif

And, if you add a link to each official HubSpot certification URL in the each portfolio item description, you should be fine.

It is my sincere hope that you find this information helpful. In either case, good luck in your efforts to find work on arguably one of the most exploitative contracting platforms in the world ... bar none.

Best,
Frank

Source: UpDownWork Profile

Always happy to help. Reach out anytime if we can be of assistance with HubSpot.

Best,
Frank

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes