HubSpot Academy Support

InfusionX

Adding Certification to LinkedIn Profile

SOLVE

I just passed the Inbound Certification course and want to add the badge to my LinkedIn profile.  When I press the "Add to my profile" button to do so, LinkedIn asks for two pieces of information that I don't have: My License Number and the Certification URL.  How/where can I access these?

0 Upvotes
3 Accepted solutions
Julien
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hey @firas @rouk73 @bnapper,

We did receive an official statement from LinkedIn only a few days ago regarding this. Here is a quick snippet of what they sent to us and other Add to Profile partners:

Dear LinkedIn Add To Profile partner,

We have recently started rolling out our new desktop redesign to LinkedIn members. As part of this, we will be changing our Add to Profile functionality, which will impact how third-party information is populated into fields on a LinkedIn member’s profile.

Going forward, developers who implement Add To Profile will be provided with a static URL to generate their button. Links will no longer be customized for a specific certificate or degree. After clicking “Add To Profile,” users will be directed to a profile form where they can fill out the details of their certificate or degree. Existing customized buttons will continue to work, but they will now direct to the new experience without auto-filling certificate or degree information.

You can find more information on our Add To Profile site and HelpCenter FAQs.

Thanks,
The LinkedIn Profile Team

I appreciate everyone's patience with this as we want to find a solution that will make it as easy as possible for all of our users to enjoy this functionality again. I will continue to keep everyone posted as soon as we have a solution.

- Julien

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
Julien
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

UPDATE: @VritikaThareja @InfusionX @mlhelton @BeatrizCruz @firas @rouk73 @bnapper @Vdevgan @cschaub25 @hbnguyen

Hey folks, thanks again for your patience with this issue. After trying to work with LinkedIn they confirmed that they are totally deprecating the autofill functionality. Here is the solution to add your badge now:

• Copy and paste the name of the certification into the first field
  • Add HubSpot as the provider of the certification
  • Add a link to it http://academy.hubspot.com/certification
  • Add the date you took it. All certifications are currently valid for 13 months. 
  • Leave the license number blank 

2017-02-27_1127.pngI have attached a screenshot of what it should look like. Let me know if you have any questions!

0 Upvotes
texsubi
Solution

SOLVE

In Linkedin, click on your profile, go to the bottom where you will notice ACCOMPLISHMENTS section. Click the + sign and select certification. Now, Add Certificate details in the form you get. If you wish to do personal branding through LinkedIn, then you can follow the footpath of these top influencers of LinkedIn.

0 Upvotes
48 Replies 48
ASaleem
Participant

SOLVE

hubspot certfication is useless if we don't have any link to add in

0 Upvotes
frankopazo

SOLVE

These guys don't have a system to validate the certificate, you can add any certificate name in the profile and potential customers have no way to validate them, on top, there is no way to Copy the ID from the PNG images provided, at least generate an option to get the PDF

We need:

Public URL of the certificate
A way to copy the ID of the same, we cannot pull or copy the ID from a PNG file.

If you are the top ones and we dont have that, we are completely doomed.

texsubi
Solution

SOLVE

In Linkedin, click on your profile, go to the bottom where you will notice ACCOMPLISHMENTS section. Click the + sign and select certification. Now, Add Certificate details in the form you get. If you wish to do personal branding through LinkedIn, then you can follow the footpath of these top influencers of LinkedIn.

0 Upvotes
TatianaS

SOLVE

I have the same issue

0 Upvotes
BeatrizCruz

SOLVE

Same problem here. Would you also let me know if there will be a way to fill out our complete certificate info into LinkedIn? Thanks in advance!

felipesobral
Participant

SOLVE

I have the same issue!

0 Upvotes
mlhelton

SOLVE

Please let me know when this has been fixed as well.  I was able to add my Inbound Certification just before this change, but cannot add the certification for my completed Email Marketing Certification. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @InfusionX welcome to the Community and congratulations on your certification!

Could you confirm that you are following this workflow: Login to your portal > Click on Academy Hat > Select Training & Certifications > Select Certificate > Click 'Add to my Profile'

Could you provide a screenshot of the message you receive at this point?

Many thanks,

Roisin

0 Upvotes
InfusionX

SOLVE

Thanks Roisin.  Yes, after I click on Add to my Profile it opens up LinkedIn.  See screenshot attached.LinkedIn_Certification.png.

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Thanks for following up @InfusionX. A similar recase has been reported on this thread. It is something our engineers are currently looking into. I will update you as soon as we have a resolution. 

0 Upvotes
hbnguyen
Participant

SOLVE

@roisinkirby

Hi Ró!

I am experiencing the same issues when trying to upload my Inbound certification on my LinkedIn profile. Would you please tag me as well when you have found a solution to this problem? Thank you!

Best wishes,

- Hoa

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Sure! Will do 🙂

hbnguyen
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Roisin!

Have you or your team found a solution to the problem yet? 🙂

0 Upvotes
Julien
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hey @hbnguyen, we are currently working with LinkedIn to come up with a viable solution to this. LinkedIn recently changed the way they display and code certifications. This means that we have to rebuild the process for adding certifications to LinkedIn.

We are not sure exactly how long this will take but either Ró or I will be sure to update the necessary threads when we have a solution for you!

Vdevgan

SOLVE

@Julien wrote:

Hey @hbnguyen, we are currently working with LinkedIn to come up with a viable solution to this. LinkedIn recently changed the way they display and code certifications. This means that we have to rebuild the process for adding certifications to LinkedIn.

We are not sure exactly how long this will take but either Ró or I will be sure to update the necessary threads when we have a solution for you!

Hi. I am interested in learning about this as well. Please let me know if you have any updates on this. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

We'll keep you posted on this thread 🙂

rouk73
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Roisin,

I have just finished my Email Marketing Certification and can't transpose it too LinkedIn as well.

Please keep me posted.

Thanks,

Rui 

0 Upvotes
cschaub25

SOLVE

Please copy me when a fix is available. I've encountered the same issue. 

0 Upvotes
Julien
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hey @cschaub25, we will definitely update this thread and everyone involved when we do have a fix. Currently, the status is that LinkedIn no longer supports auto-fill via their certification endpoint/integration. We are looking into potential workarounds for this issue. Thanks to everyone for their patience!

firas
Participant

SOLVE

Did you get an official statment from LinkedIn regarding the drop of that feature support? Please keep me posted!

0 Upvotes