HubSpot Academy Support

kstrout

Not Passing Practical Exercise

SOLVE

I recently completed the HubSpot Marketing Software Certification - or, so I thought. 

I've already passed the final exam and completed the lessons. However, I can't seem to pass the CTA practical exercise for the life of me. I understand how to create a CTA, where to place them, how to customize with brand colors and everything else. But twice now, the system tells me after a few days that I have not passed it. What gives?! 

There is no feedback on what specifically I'm doing wrong, so I don't know how to correct this. Anyone else ever run into this problem? How did you fix it?

1 Accepted solution
kstrout
Solution

SOLVE

Hey Jenny,

When I go back to review my completed tracks and certifications, the marketing software course now shows completed - so I guess switching to the new viewer solved the problem. Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15
mcwjer2

SOLVE

Same here! Did you end up completing it and if so how? They don't give me any "feedback" to help identify the problem. I've done the excercise 3 times and my sales rep even went in and said it looked good to him. Help!

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @mcwjer2,

If you're still stuck, can you share which exam you're taking adn what practical exercise you are stuck on? If the email address you are trying to complete the exam with is different than the one associated with your Community login, can you also share that information? 

Thank you,
Jenny

mcwjer2

SOLVE

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 9.55.30 AM.pngIdentify a New Core Topic Excercise. Here is the screen shot where I am stuck. There are 2 links that have “?” when I hover over them (they don't show up in the screen grab), is this an indicator that it isn’t correct? Either way, how do I know what is wrong to check/correct myself pass the exercise? I've reviewed the slides and tutorial several times. 

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @mcwjer2,

What is the name of the certification you're working on? 

Thanks,
Jenny

lwalsh
Participant

SOLVE

I am working on the HubSpot Marketing Software Certification. The 'Identify a New Core Topic' practical exercise will not proceed past the 'In Progress' status. I think I have done everything I need to do to pass this exercise. This is the only exercise I need to complete to finish the certification. Can you take a look at the status of this exercise and let me know if I am doing something wrong?

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @lwalsh,

I can see that the exercise is started on my end. The prompt is: 

This exercise is required in order to complete the lesson. It will be graded automatically. To submit, click Start exercise, and make sure your account meets the criteria. Brainstorm a new core topic you want to build a topic cluster around with your team. This should be something you can use to build website authority, making you a thought leader on the subject. Once you identify your core topic, go to your SEO tool and in the upper right-hand corner of your account, click Add a topic. In the next screen, enter your topic and click Add. Select the topic and click Create Topic.

If you have completed all of these elements and it is not going through, can you either share the portal you are completing the task in and send along a screenshot of what you have created, or you can contact HubSpot technical Support directly who can assist with getting this sorted for you.

Thanks,
Jenny

steph37

SOLVE

Hi Jenny,

I've passed all aspects of the Hubspot Marketing Software certification course except the "Create a Twitter Stream" exercise. I have gone through this exercise multiple times, even copying the video of the example, and have not passed. Is there a way to get any feedback on what I am missing?

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

0 Upvotes
JorieMunroe
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

SOLVE

Hi @steph37 ,

Thank you for your patience! There is a bit of a lag on this exercise right now. I've gone ahead an manually passed you. 

All the best,

Jorie

AnniKim
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

SOLVE

Hi Steph37, 

Jenny let me know you email address, so we're looking into this now and will get back to you shortly!

0 Upvotes
lwalsh
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for your response @jennysowyrda! I will contact support and get it straightened out.

0 Upvotes
kstrout

SOLVE

This was a while back for me and my memory is cloudy, but I think what had happened was I was working on an older view of HubSpot and they had recently changed the viewer style. Once I updated it, I was finally able to show that course as being completed. It was definitely a head scratcher, though.

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @kstrout,

Sorry for any frustrations this has caused you! Are you using the old version of the CTAs tool, or the new one? If you are working in the old version, can you try updating to the new interface and see if that resolves the issue for you? 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
kstrout

SOLVE

I was using the old version, but just switched to the new viewer and created a new CTA button. Not sure if that will help, but we'll see.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks @kstrout,

I am seeing it as successfully completed on my end now, so if you haven't seen the certification populate yet, it should very soon! 

0 Upvotes
kstrout
Solution

SOLVE

Hey Jenny,

When I go back to review my completed tracks and certifications, the marketing software course now shows completed - so I guess switching to the new viewer solved the problem. Thanks for your help!