HubSpot Academy Support

JAllen

Creating a Team for my University Class

SOLVE

Hello, 

I am teaching a class this semester, and I am part of the HubSpot education partner program. I am requiring that all of my students take the Inbound Marketing certification and offering the chance for students to earn more HubSpot certifications for bonus credit. To make it easy, I thought I would just create a team and monitor their success in passing certifications through my HubSpot account.

1. How many team members can we have on one team? I have about 35-40 students.

2. My HubSpot account is under my Gmail, but is it okay if all of my students/team members have University email accounts?

3. If I clear the team members at the end of the academic period, can my students still maintain their own free HubSpot account with their certifications still valid? Thank you!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post quickly by accepting this solution today.

Q: ...

I thought I would just create a team and monitor their success in passing certifications through my HubSpot account.

2. My HubSpot account is under my Gmail, but is it okay if all of my students/team members have University email accounts?

3. If I clear the team members at the end of the academic period, can my students still maintain their own free HubSpot account with their certifications still valid?

Short A

Congratulations on your selection of HubSpot as a CRM and marketing automation tool of choice for your students.

Longer A:hubspot-sea-of-graduates-1360x531.png

>>1. How many team members can we have on one team? I have about 35-40 students.
We havent seen a published limit to the maximum number of HubSpot Users permitted in a single team, but we have seen HubSpot teams with over 40 members. It's worth noting that both accounts on which we saw >40 team members were a HubSpot Enterprise accounts, so ... we'd be very interested in knowing if you run into any cieling using lower-tiered HubSpot accounts.mfjlabs-screenshot-Create and edit teams-20180904-045144.png

Source: Create and Edit HubSpot Teams

>>2. My HubSpot account is under my Gmail, but is it okay if all of my students/team members have University email accounts?
We regularly work with contacts in the Higher Ed space and have seen no limitation regarding .edu accounts. Your students should be fine. That being said, we recommend they use their personal email address instead since transferring certifications from one email address to another is more trouble than it's worth. IMHO (cite: numerous threads in this forum)

>>3. If I clear the team members at the end of the academic period, can my students still maintain their own free HubSpot account with their certifications still valid?
Of course. We regularly work across multiple HubSpot portals that come-n-go as clients enter and leave the platform. What you do to / with HubSpot Users in your account has absolutely zero effect on the free HubSpot account they are required to open. Their HubSpot account is maintained completely separately.

Always happy to help you build on HubSpot.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
jgueron
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hi @JAllen 

Thanks for asking this question and I'm glad you're adding students as users. Thanks 

@MFrankJohnson for providing a solution as well. 

In the future, you may also consider posting to the Education Partner Program Community, which is here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Education-Partners/bd-p/education_partners.

Best,

Julia

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Helpful yes/no @JAllen? Solved?

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post quickly by accepting this solution today.

Q: ...

I thought I would just create a team and monitor their success in passing certifications through my HubSpot account.

3. If I clear the team members at the end of the academic period, can my students still maintain their own free HubSpot account with their certifications still valid?

Short A

Congratulations on your selection of HubSpot as a CRM and marketing automation tool of choice for your students.

Longer A:hubspot-sea-of-graduates-1360x531.png

>>1. How many team members can we have on one team? I have about 35-40 students.
We havent seen a published limit to the maximum number of HubSpot Users permitted in a single team, but we have seen HubSpot teams with over 40 members. It's worth noting that both accounts on which we saw >40 team members were a HubSpot Enterprise accounts, so ... we'd be very interested in knowing if you run into any cieling using lower-tiered HubSpot accounts.mfjlabs-screenshot-Create and edit teams-20180904-045144.png

Source: Create and Edit HubSpot Teams

>>2. My HubSpot account is under my Gmail, but is it okay if all of my students/team members have University email accounts?
We regularly work with contacts in the Higher Ed space and have seen no limitation regarding .edu accounts. Your students should be fine. That being said, we recommend they use their personal email address instead since transferring certifications from one email address to another is more trouble than it's worth. IMHO (cite: numerous threads in this forum)

>>3. If I clear the team members at the end of the academic period, can my students still maintain their own free HubSpot account with their certifications still valid?
Of course. We regularly work across multiple HubSpot portals that come-n-go as clients enter and leave the platform. What you do to / with HubSpot Users in your account has absolutely zero effect on the free HubSpot account they are required to open. Their HubSpot account is maintained completely separately.

Always happy to help you build on HubSpot.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes