Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

PW

How Trigger or Enroll in Workflow with Form on External Site

SOLVE

I would like to embed an instance of a form + a specific page in an external wordpress site, and then trigger a specific workflow based on the referring page, rather than the form itelf. This would prevent me from creating multiple instances of the same form. Any ideas about how to do this? In the workflow parameters, the criteria seems to be limited to "form instance" from select "hubspot" page. 

Anyone have a workaround?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @matttunney,

That doesn't seem to be possible at the moment – the best workaround would be separate forms. Tedious, but distinguishable in HubSpot for lists, workflows etc.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
PSzkaradek

SOLVE

The solution that works perfectly without too much of an effort:

- Create the contact property, name it something that suits your needs, could be something like Form URL

- Create a form with that property, marked as a hidden field

- Here's the only tricky part. On the page where the form is embedded, using JavaScript, URL of that page needs to be injected into the hidden field, so the URL will be passed to contact the property.

- Then you can create a workflow that listens to the property change and based on the value that field has do things.

PSzkaradek_0-1657272718395.png

Please remember to tick off the re-enrollment checkbox so this will run every time the value change = every time person submits a form on any page.

PSzkaradek_1-1657272882255.png

matttunney
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Ok so something like this in the embed code?

function setInputValue(els, v) {
  var elements = document.getElementsByName(els);
  for (var i = 0; i < elements.length; i++) {
    elements[i].value = v;
    elements[i].dispatchEvent(new Event("input", { bubbles: true }));
  }
}

hbspt.forms.create({
  portalId: "myPortalID",
  formId: "myFormID",
  target: "#myDiv",
  css: "",
  onFormReady: function () {
    setInputValue("form_url", window.location.href);
  },
});

I like the idea as a workaround, I use a similar method to capture the referrer.

The data of the page submission already exists in hubspot against a contacts form submission activity entry.

With that in mind It seems like Hubspot could easly make this data available in a workflow condition for "Form submitted on url"

DebSchleede
Participant

SOLVE

So many +1 for this. Thank you!

Would also love Hubspot to make the Workflow condition for "Form submitted on url" instead of "On Page"

AFletcher
Participant

SOLVE

I'm having a similar issue - trying to run workflows based on different external pages that have an embedded Hubspot form. There are too many to realistically create individual forms for each. There should be a workaround created for this.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @matttunney,

That doesn't seem to be possible at the moment – the best workaround would be separate forms. Tedious, but distinguishable in HubSpot for lists, workflows etc.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

matttunney
Top Contributor

SOLVE

I'm running into a similar issue.
I have a download form that is embedded on mulitple non-hubspot pages.
I'd like to be able to trigger a follow up email based on the url this download form was submitted on.

The follow up email contains a call to action link to a pdf download, rather than providing the download link as the form response.

opendorz
Contributor

SOLVE

Having the same issue.  Since Hubspot doesn't let you select the "On This Page" option unless it's a created landing page in Hubspot, I guess I'll just clone the form, give it a new name, and then embed that on my WP site page instead of using the original form on multiple pages.  

0 Upvotes
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Hmm, perhaps have the enrollment criteria be smart list based. That smart list can have the logic has filled out Form A and viewed Page X or even clicked on a CTA that referred to the form.