Lead Capture Tools

annieseattle
Contributor

subscription types and forms + contact "subscription interests" field

SOLVE

Hi there,

I am looking for help with on autosubscribing folks to subscription types using forms  (and workflows as needed).  I also want to figure out what the "subscription interests" field does on Contact records.

Goal: Want to create a form on a page to to enroll subscribers in a number of different subscription types at once.   

Let's call the two subscription types: "Daily 1 (daily)" and "Report 2 (up to weekly)". 

I have also set up Contact lists for each of these two options based on them having filled out this form.  

Here are my questions:

1. How do I automatically subscribe folks to a subscription type via a form or a form/workflow combination?  (This is not just for the blog, fyi)

2. How do I do this so that it automatically appears in the "Communication subscriptions" section of the contact record?  (There is language on the web page and the form indicating what they're signing up for.)

2. After this has been resolved, how does the contact field "Subscription Interests" relate to subscription types?  I notice that there doesn't seem to be any linkage...

Please help. Thanks!

Annie

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
annieseattle
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks, Mike.  I'm going to remove it, since I don't use it and no one has ever filled it out.  

I found the answer to the other question I was looking for from Hubspot support:

There is not a means of to automatically opt someone in to a subscription type via a form and there isn't a means of making this field required because of the base theme of the GDPR and from what I understand, within the GDPR it's specified that you're not able to have a pre-selected box because a pre-ticked box or inactivity are not deemed as consent.

You are however able to add this to a form via the Notice and Consent section of the form where a contact can elect to sign up to receive further communication and on the form level you can determine which subscription type the consent box will tie to. This article also explains more about this process in further detail. With the use of this option, when a contact checks off the box and submits the form their subscription type on the contact record will be updated.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Hi @annieseattle,

A few things here: 

1. Subscription types can't be set through workflows

2. 'Subsription interests' isn't a default HubSpot property, meaning it was made by a user in your portal. A full list of default properties can be found here.

You can have consent checkboxes within a form that specifically outline which types of communication a contact is opting into. Otherwise you can bulk update from the contacts screen (not as automated, but if you use the form submission as the filter criteria, that'll help). 

The subscriptions will show in the Communications subscriptions card on the contact record.

If you're dealing with gdpr at all, it's always good to get the help of your legal team when it comes to trying to bulk update subscriptions, too. 

annieseattle
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks, Mike.  I'm going to remove it, since I don't use it and no one has ever filled it out.  

I found the answer to the other question I was looking for from Hubspot support:

There is not a means of to automatically opt someone in to a subscription type via a form and there isn't a means of making this field required because of the base theme of the GDPR and from what I understand, within the GDPR it's specified that you're not able to have a pre-selected box because a pre-ticked box or inactivity are not deemed as consent.

You are however able to add this to a form via the Notice and Consent section of the form where a contact can elect to sign up to receive further communication and on the form level you can determine which subscription type the consent box will tie to. This article also explains more about this process in further detail. With the use of this option, when a contact checks off the box and submits the form their subscription type on the contact record will be updated.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks for sharing @annieseattle

And thanks for sharing your input, @Anonymous!

0 Upvotes
glaurain
Contributor

SOLVE

There's still a major gap in functionality here.  How can I import list of contacts from people we meet at a trade show and set the communications subscription for all 140+ contacts to be Sales Email one to one / Legitimate interest- prospect.  Pleeease tell me you're not going to make me do that for each of the 140 records?  Has to be a better way.

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @glaurain,

I did want to make sure you had access to an updated resource for how you can manage your contacts' subscriptions. 

The options available specific to your portal will depend on your subscription level. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
glaurain
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks Jenny. @Skye  helped me out yesterday after I sent this post - all sent now.  Thanks.

Gerard

0 Upvotes
Phall

SOLVE

Would you mind sharing the solution to this that was shared by another user? We've got hundreds of leads from trade shows and webinars. I'm not seeing a way to add the "one to one" subscription type without going in and doing it one by one . . .

0 Upvotes
bpcharles
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE