Lead Capture Tools

DOckerbloom

reCAPTCHA not working on forms

recaptcha button is not working on forms, it just skips it, submits form as normal. We are having an odd up tick of spam submissions so I need the recaptcha to work and make it harder for people to submit the form if they arent interested in our products..why isnt the pop up portion of the recaptcha showing images for people to click on and the submit the form?

7 Replies 7
pr_affa

We are facing same issue too : https://www.affable.ai/demo
Please help! 

Sam_214

I am having the same issue with ReCaptcha. Isn't there any way to have it enabled for ALL visitors trying to fill up the form? For some reason, Hubspot isn't able to detect behavior/activity that seems suspicious.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DOckerbloom,

Thanks for reaching out!

Do you have reCaptcha enabled on your form in HubSpot? Could you provide us with a link to the form on your website? Is this behavior occurring with all the visitors who visit your form or sporadically? The more information and screenshots you can include, the better the community can assist with the next steps.

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
DOckerbloom

Yes, the form with recaptcha enabled can be found on our website
www.ibuyxs.com on the homepage the yellow "free excess appraisal" button on
homepage and on this page,
https://www.ibuyxs.com/we-buy-excess-electronic-components/ that yellow CTA
as well. Those are the only forms that recaptcha is enabled and not working
properly. The recaptcha just isnt providing the pop up of pictures asking
you to click all the stairs or bridges etc it just skips that and submits
the form. I even cleared my cache and it still wont work. I only got it to
work when browsing from my phone.
0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DOckerbloom,

Thanks for reaching back out with these details.

I double checked your and I can confirm that recaptcha is working as expected. The image prompt only appears if your behavior/activity seems suspicious, like bot activity or something malicious. If you've previously filled out a recaptcha, it's likely that your browser remembers that and does not prompt you for it again. Another possibility is that your actions seem organic and human, and so recaptcha is not triggered.

Just to share more information about this, the purpose of this form of recaptcha is that there is no end-user action necessary if the visit does not look suspicious. Google uses advanced risk analysis techniques to differentiate humans from bots automatically, so all your visitors have to do is fill out their information and press submit. Here's more information on this

All the best,

Kristen

DOckerbloom

Thank you for the response and information! That makes sense, why it
isnt popping up for everyone every time...but it doesnt make sense to me
why we're still getting so much spam submitted via those forms that do have
the recaptcha. I thought it would help stop some of it at least
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DOckerbloom,

You're very welcome! I completely understand how frustrating spam form submissions are. 

The two current methods to prevent spam form submissions are by enabling CAPTCHA and blocking specific email domains/free email providers.

I would recommend that all of your forms have CAPTCHA enabled if they don't already. As for blocking certain domains, I would suggest keeping an eye on the form submissions and immediately blocking any addresses that resemble spam.

Spammers tend to use free email providers, I would suggest keeping an eye out for trends such as an increase in form submissions from Gmail, Yahoo, or another free email provider, and blocking those domains immediately if possible. 

I also wanted to suggest upvoting this post as well as this post on our Ideas forum. As the Ideas forum is the best way to let our product team know about features that our users would like to see implemented in the portal.

I hope these suggestions help 🙂

Best,

Kristen