Lead Capture Tools

marrownat

"Send Opt-In Email" - Can I customize?

SOLVE

Hi Guys, 

My account sends an automatic opt-in email during my lead flow - which is fine.. however, I would like to customize the email. It's super generic and doesn't reflect our brand voice. Help??

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
shearn
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Gotcha. 

Well, because you're using the free version you more than likely don't have access to edit emails as the email tool is not included in the free package. You would either need access to what I've previously posted or the Design Manager which is used to customize emails and landing pages.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
shearn
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Are you referring to the double opt-in option under Content -> Settings -> Email -> Subscriptions?

Capture.PNG

If so, you can edit/change the template by clicking on 'Edit opt-in email'

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.
0 Upvotes
marrownat

SOLVE

Actually, no. Note that I'm still using the free version as a trial while I evaluate the software.

When I build a lead flow to test it, it automatically sends an opt-in email. The formatting is awkward and I would just like to customize the greeting etc. I can't figure out where/how to do this.Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 3.34.48 PM.png

0 Upvotes
shearn
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Gotcha. 

Well, because you're using the free version you more than likely don't have access to edit emails as the email tool is not included in the free package. You would either need access to what I've previously posted or the Design Manager which is used to customize emails and landing pages.

0 Upvotes
CHK613
Participant

SOLVE

Hi

I am struggling with this issue and I am a paid customer. I would like to customise the opt  in to make the confirmation link a button instead of link and in general to make it look nicer. 

Has this been done before? 

How does one go about it in Design Manager

akb2
Participant

SOLVE

I have the same problem. I would like to change this ugly link and turn it into a button but I can't find a way to do this. I tried using a CTA, but I can't add the variable {{ subscription_confirmation_url }} there.

Does anybody have a solution for this?

0 Upvotes
theScott
Top Contributor

SOLVE

For those of you who have the paid version, you can edit the opt-in design template in Design Manager. The template is located in Templates > Custom > Email > Generated Layouts. I cloned the "Opt In Request" email to create a design that matches our brand.

However, if all you're looking to do is turn the link into a button, you can just edit the email content itself. Use the {{ subscription_confirmation_url }} variable and apply inline css styling to make it a button. It won't be a CTA with the tracking, but it also won't be just a naked link.

marrownat

SOLVE

Thanks! 

I assumed that might be the case but it means that I can't really even use the free version to run tests with leads because of it. Bummer! 

I appreciate the insight though - I was just really hoping that I had missed something. 🙂 

N

0 Upvotes