Lead Capture Tools

Edyta7510
Guide

partner webinar - sync registrations to gotowebinar hosted by external partner

SOLVE

We’re holding a webinar with one of our industry partners in mid-February.

The webinar will be hosted on their platform (Gotowebinar), they’ll also create a LP with registration form to promote it (Eloqua).

The webinar is a great opportunity for us to engage our current contacts + get new contacts from our target accounts by having them register for the webinar.

This is the reason why we want to host our own landing page with a registration form.

The question that remains is the following: how we can ensure integration of our registrations on Gotowebinar platform (hosted by our partner)? We do not want visitors to register twice, we also want to prevent any issue that may occur when they connect to the webinar on the D-day.

Could you suggest a possible solution?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Edyta7510,

These are perfectly fair considerations. Driving paid traffic to someone else's page feels counter-intuitive.

When I run co-marketing campaigns, I usually set up a co-marketing agreement. This includes, among other things:

• decisions on which assets are created and by whom (e.g. partner B creates LP and tracking URLs, partner A and B to commit to a paid budget of X etc.)
  • an agreement for overall lead-sharing (does partner A receive all leads that partner B generated?)
  • the frequency of sharing new registrations (how often should partner B share new registrations with partner A? – if this is on a daily basis, then your sales team can do their follow-up)

Your co-marketing partner should be able to report on both registrations and attendance, see here: https://support.goto.com/webinar/help/attendee-report-g2w050002

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Edyta7510
Guide

SOLVE

Many thanks @karstenkoehler !!!!

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Glad I can help, @Edyta7510!

You actually don't need a workflow for this, this information can be stored on the contact records during the import. Before the import, you could create two custom properties, type Radio select, for example Webinar [Title] Registered and Webinar [Title] Attended, both with the values True and False.

When you receive the file from your co-marketing partner, you would prepare the file in such a way, that each row (contact) has a value (True or False) in each of these two columns. I haven't worked with GoToWebinar in a while, so the csv/xlsx file might already be set up in a similar way or you might have to do some search/replacing.

During the import, HubSpot will automatically update these two values for the corresponding contacts and you can easily build lists or views off these properties.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Edyta7510,

These are perfectly fair considerations. Driving paid traffic to someone else's page feels counter-intuitive.

When I run co-marketing campaigns, I usually set up a co-marketing agreement. This includes, among other things:

• decisions on which assets are created and by whom (e.g. partner B creates LP and tracking URLs, partner A and B to commit to a paid budget of X etc.)
  • an agreement for overall lead-sharing (does partner A receive all leads that partner B generated?)
  • the frequency of sharing new registrations (how often should partner B share new registrations with partner A? – if this is on a daily basis, then your sales team can do their follow-up)

Your co-marketing partner should be able to report on both registrations and attendance, see here: https://support.goto.com/webinar/help/attendee-report-g2w050002

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Edyta7510
Guide

SOLVE

Thanks so much @karstenkoehler These are golden tips! 

Following the webinar I'll upload the list of leads to our HubSpot CRM. How can I register the activity (attended webinar) - can this be done through a workflow? 

Thanks!

Edyta

0 Upvotes
Edyta7510
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler 

Many thanks for your comments!

Well, the reasons why I considered hosting our own landing page with registration form are the following: 

- instant info about contacts who subscribe to the webinar: visibility to the sales team + activity tracking in HubSpot

- we're planning to invest some budget in paid promotion to some target accounts (who are not in our database today), it somewhat seems a pitty to direct paid traffic to a LP we don't host (same about losing visitors from our home page to a partner hosted LP - we'll promote the event in the most prominent spot on our home page)

You could probably call these selfish reasons then. From customer's perspective, the most important will be to have smooth experience - if we rely on exchanging lists + send confirmation emails in batches, it may be a recipe for disaster. Especially as GoToWebinar generates unique access links to all participants. 

I may then go ahead using the solution you suggested - ask the partner to generate tracking URLs, so at least we can attribute registrations to different tactics. After the webinar we'll be able to import a list of those who registered (we already have agreement on this with the partner). How can I then register their activity? (attended vs did not attend) 

Many thanks!

Edyta

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Edyta7510,

Is there a particular reason why you don't want to send your contacts to your partner's landing page? That's what I would recommend: Have your partner host the landing page and let them create tracking URLs for you so that registrations from your contacts can be attributed to your marketing activity.

If you want to have your own landing page, you'd have to integrate their GoToWebinar account with your HubSpot portal – either with the official integration or using Zapier. In any case, it would involve your partner sharing their GoToWebinar login credentials with you (or let them take control of your screen during a video call and type in their password).

Of course you could compile registrations from your own landing page in a spreadsheet and regularly send them to the partner, but that would mean that GoToWebinar confirmations could not be sent to registrants right after their registration – only in batches. You could align with your partner and discuss who sends which confirmation emails but it's risky and messy.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes