Lead Capture Tools

AlishaV
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

need Hubspot user selection in form

lösung

Hi friends. 

I need for a way for my stakeholders to be able to select a hubspot user to which the contact created from the form they are completing will be assigned. Since owner properies are not available in forms, I was thinking of creating a new field with a drop down list of user names and/or emails that can be selected, and in my one workflow for the form, to copy over the drop down selection into the Hubspot owner field. This does not appear to be working. Does anyone else have ideas about how to accomplish this? I dread having to  create a gadzillion worklflows for seperate enrollment criteria of contact property of advisor drop down selection equals "robbie," then assign "robbie" as owner and so on infinitum... 

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
MFrankJohnson
Lösung
Vordenker/-in

lösung

So, sounds like a couple things are going on.
-1- Fred needs to create contacts in HubSpot and assign to others (as needed)
-2- We're trying to use a public-facing form to accommodate the process, but public-facing forms won't allow Contact Owner assignment. (by design)

Ok, we can spend lots of time using HubSpot drunken monkey kung fu to wrangle HubSpot into doing this thing it wasn't designed to do.

OR

We can simply set HubSpot to ask for the fields Fred needs when creating a new contact from within the CRM screen and call it a day. (recommended for too many reasons to list here)

Here's how to set HubSpot Contact Creation Properties. These are the properties HubSpot asks for when creating new contacts in the CRM -- see https://youtu.be/X0jO-7kPTBc

You'll notice at the end of that 60 second video the Contact Owner field allows selection of alternate HubSpot Owners when the new contact is created.

No extra steps. No additional time.

And, it's all standard stuff -- no trip to China for kung fu lessons required. haha

Sometimes the easiest solution is the best solution is the easiest solution -- let Fred add contacts directly in HubSpot. We can easily set his default view to be blank, so it 'looks the same' to him every time. Not recommended but hey ... it's Fred. haha

We all have a 'Fred' in our midsts.

Good luck on your project.

Best,

Frank

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

6 Antworten
KDey
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

@AlishaV wrote:

Hi friends. 

.. I was thinking of creating a new field with a drop down list of user names and/or emails that can be selected, and in my one workflow for the form, to copy over the drop down selection into the Hubspot owner field. This does not appear to be working..

What you need actually is to not to copy the drop down selection into the Hubspot owner field but to create some "if/then" branches, where you need to put all the user select condition, like "if A user is selected from the dropdown property set Contact Owner to A, if B selected set the COntact Owner B etc. Remember, You need to set the contact owner property based on the dropdown selected property you created.

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Vordenker/-in

lösung

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDoes my post help answer your question?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: Need Hubspot user selection in form.

Short A: Can you supply a little more information regarding the use case?

Longer A

Sounds like your 'stakeholders' are creating contact records on behalf of contacts.

share-on-Linkedin-Button-75x19.png 

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Please include @MFrankJohnson in your message if you'd like me to reply.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
AlishaV
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

@MFrankJohnson

The reality of our live recruiting situation requires us to collect contact information from the contacts on paper cards (that contain use of information statements) which are then entered into Hubspot with a form available to our recruiters for entry. 

And depending on the type of event/type of audience, we need the invidiual entering the cards to be able to select a specific end user to handle given submissions. And were a specific users is not selected, then the standard workflow is used to assign round robin to the standard group of users. 

So; say, Fred was asked to attend an event to tell an audience about our offerings. Fred than finds that some of the audience members who have provided contacty information really need to receive outreach by Treena, who happens to be an expert in these audience members very specific interests. Fred doesn't want these submissions to just go to any Hubspot user in the assignment rule. He knows that they really should go to Treena. He needs to be able to select Treena. The next day, Fred speaks to a very large audience, with divergent interests, he needs those go to the standard group of users. Since the number is large, they need to be distributed evenly, according to the standard rule, and he will not be selecting any specific users. The following week, Fred attends an event and each audience member providing contact information wants to now about a specific IT offering. Fred needs to assign them to Lanice because Lanice knows about the event, is responsible for processinng IT offering requests, and has asked Fred to route these inquiries to her.

Fred is a general field recruiter and is not technically savvy. He needs to use the same form each time he enters contact information and to expect Fred to change ownership assignment within Hubspot after entry is absolutely not going to happen... Hope that helps. 🙂

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Lösung
Vordenker/-in

lösung

So, sounds like a couple things are going on.
-1- Fred needs to create contacts in HubSpot and assign to others (as needed)
-2- We're trying to use a public-facing form to accommodate the process, but public-facing forms won't allow Contact Owner assignment. (by design)

Ok, we can spend lots of time using HubSpot drunken monkey kung fu to wrangle HubSpot into doing this thing it wasn't designed to do.

OR

We can simply set HubSpot to ask for the fields Fred needs when creating a new contact from within the CRM screen and call it a day. (recommended for too many reasons to list here)

Here's how to set HubSpot Contact Creation Properties. These are the properties HubSpot asks for when creating new contacts in the CRM -- see https://youtu.be/X0jO-7kPTBc

You'll notice at the end of that 60 second video the Contact Owner field allows selection of alternate HubSpot Owners when the new contact is created.

No extra steps. No additional time.

And, it's all standard stuff -- no trip to China for kung fu lessons required. haha

Sometimes the easiest solution is the best solution is the easiest solution -- let Fred add contacts directly in HubSpot. We can easily set his default view to be blank, so it 'looks the same' to him every time. Not recommended but hey ... it's Fred. haha

We all have a 'Fred' in our midsts.

Good luck on your project.

Best,

Frank

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
AlishaV
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

@MFrankJohnson

Ha! I like your response. It will not work with the stakeholders I am dealing with but I appreciate the truth. 🙂 I'm just going to create one workflow to alert an admin assistant when submissions are made in which a specific advisor is selected so that she can make quick updates on the contact records. 

MFrankJohnson
Vordenker/-in

lösung

(cool) Thanks.

Say hi to Fred for us. 😉

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes