live response capture

ahamaton
Participant

Hi, is it possible to make it mandatory for people to leave their contact details with a message if I'm not available to answer the live chat ?

4 Replies 4
ajchapman20
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

I think it's not possible to make it "mandatory". However, when using the chat feature can give a message that you are away from the chat feature and to leave their contact information. Is that what you are looking for?

If yes, I can send some instructions and possibly screenshots on how to add that functionality.

Alex Chapman | Inbound marketing Expert
0 Upvotes
ahamaton
Participant

Thanks

That's not what I mean and I think I know how to do that anyway, that's just part of the chatflow isn't it.  At the moment I ask them to leave their email address but soo far no-one has.  Please do send me your guide though, just in case we are talkig about different solutions.  Thanks again, 

ajchapman20
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Well darn!  I think you have the right solution.  Simply having the chat box ask for the email address.  Other then that not sure what else you can do.  You could try on submitting a ticket when someone answers to the bot, this way the users of your choice would take care of it. Also, you can set up the chatbot availability and set it up based on team members status.  Hopefully, this is helpful although it might be the answer you're looking for 🙂

If you have any other questions or need more clarification, please let me know.

Alex Chapman | Inbound marketing Expert
ahamaton
Participant

Thanks for the message Alex 

Like you say, sounds like there isn't anything else I can do, so no problem