Lead Capture Tools

bsm007
Top Contributor

capture more than one contact with a form

SOLVE

I am trying to replicate a Wufoo form in which I need to capture two contacts with a single form (a primary and a secondary). With Hubspot, it seems like I can only capture one contact with a form. Example below:

Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 9.25.31 PM.jpg

Is there a way to do this is in a single form? If not, is there a way to have the form repeat for the secondary contact or prompt to another form to collect the secondary and assign the same location information to both contacts? 

Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 9.28.25 PM.jpg

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @bsm007,

HubSpot associates each form fill with one contact record only, based on the email address provided by the person. Because of that, it's not possible to create two contact records from one form.

Here are three solutions that I could see:

- You capture the information about person 2 within the contact record of person 1. Only one contact record would be created.

- After submitting the form for person 1, they're taking to another page with a form for person 2. You'd need to disable "Pre-populate contact fields with known values"

- You use a third-party solution. For example, you could send off the form submission (including information about person 1 and person 2) to a Google Sheet via Zapier (HubSpot->Google Sheets), copy person 2 information to another tab in the Google Sheets and have Zapier create new contacts in HubSpot from new rows added to the new tab (Google Sheets->HubSpot). Make sure to get the okay from your data privacy officer for this since you'd using two more services to manage personal data of prospects/customers.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
bsm007
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks Karsten,

I have a further question about your suggestion "After submitting the form for person 1, they're taking to another page with a form for person 2. You'd need to disable "Pre-populate contact fields with known values".... Would it be possible to autopopulate properties for contact 2 with some of the properties from contact 1 if we take this approach of taking the user to another page (this could occur after the second form is created if that helps)? 

To put in context with the form above, we want to duplicate the responses in the Location Information section from contact 1 to contact 2. I am guessing this is achieved by using a workflow to populate the duplicate properties once the form is submitted? 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @bsm007,

When HubSpot pre-populates fields, it pre-populates all fields, including email address, so I wouldn't recommend that here. HubSpot would overwrite the first submission with the second submission if the email address isn't changed (and there is a risk that this will happen).

And unfortunately no, HubSpot cannot copy information between records of the same object (from contact to contact), at least not natively. You would need custom code and Operations Hub Professional to develop your own solution here.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @bsm007,

HubSpot associates each form fill with one contact record only, based on the email address provided by the person. Because of that, it's not possible to create two contact records from one form.

Here are three solutions that I could see:

- You capture the information about person 2 within the contact record of person 1. Only one contact record would be created.

- After submitting the form for person 1, they're taking to another page with a form for person 2. You'd need to disable "Pre-populate contact fields with known values"

- You use a third-party solution. For example, you could send off the form submission (including information about person 1 and person 2) to a Google Sheet via Zapier (HubSpot->Google Sheets), copy person 2 information to another tab in the Google Sheets and have Zapier create new contacts in HubSpot from new rows added to the new tab (Google Sheets->HubSpot). Make sure to get the okay from your data privacy officer for this since you'd using two more services to manage personal data of prospects/customers.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler