Lead Capture Tools

Gueterk

Will we lose prospect activity after cutting over to new website?

SOLVE

I asked this in CRM community and didn't get much traction, but hoping that someone in marketing had an experience and can shed some light. here's my situation and question:

(1) we have the HS tracking code installed on our existing WordPress site.
(2) we are redesigning website (will be deployed on same web host using WordPress)
(3) will my Hubspot CRM lose the "connection" activity once we switch from old website to new?

Here's a sample use case: if someone has been visiting my old site anonymously and accepted cookies, then after we cut over to the new site they submit a lead form .... will all their prior web activity history get insertedin their HS account?

What are the things we need to do to make sure that this is possible?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
DanielSanchez
Solution
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Gueterk ,

If you change the structure of your current site, but for the same domain and use the same HubSpot account that your contact is registered with, everything will continue normally in your contact's timeline. Contact history at HubSpot is not lost.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Best!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
DanielSanchez
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Gueterk ,

If you change the structure of your current site, but for the same domain and use the same HubSpot account that your contact is registered with, everything will continue normally in your contact's timeline. Contact history at HubSpot is not lost.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Best!