Lead Capture Tools

ozgesila
Contributor

Why 0 submission on pop-up form?

Hello community,

I created a pop-up form to land my website users to my event landing page.

However I am seeing 0 click and 0 submission. Even I tried it says 0.

My flow is below:

1.They see the pop on home and click on the cta

2.reach the landing page after click and fill the form

Any ideas?

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @ozgesila,

Could you summarize the exact steps of your test setup, what information you're seeing and what you're not seeing?

The CTA should at least show the views, the form should show each submission. If that's not the case, something is broken. Any additional behavior depends on how exactly you've set this up.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @ozgesila,

Does the test form submission show up on the test contact record? Have you tried submitting the form with another email address? I would also test the flow in an incognito / private browser window to rule out any problems caused by extensions.

In any case, if you submit the form, it should show a form submission.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

ozgesila
Contributor

yes I tested with incognito mode with different email addresses.
On the first pop-up form, I don't request any contact information but only expect them to click on CTA button to reach out to the landing page. However, I am also cannot see who click on it. Could it be a possible reason to not track? But I think It should track from Cookie and website activities.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @ozgesila,

It's hard to tell, this is still only a fraction of the context.

If you want a list of all contacts who've submitted both forms, you could create an active list and filter for contacts who have submitted the first pop-up form AND the second landing page form. HubSpot does not have a default view of which forms a contact has submitted before submitting another form.

The part I don't understand about this flow is why there is a pop-up form that doesn't show any submissions and that is only meant to redirect people to another form – why the two-step process? Why not create a pop-up CTA that sends people to a landing page, why not reduce the number of forms to only one for a better website experience?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

ozgesila
Contributor

Actually, I use the first one as a pop-up on any page to land people on my landing page. In the first step I only assume people to click the CTA button, there is no any submission area.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @ozgesila,

Could you share screenshots or the link of this flow? To clarify, is the first touchpoint a pop-up CTA or a pop-up form?

Your description sounds like website visitors see a pop-up form before being taken to a landing page with yet another form. In that case, both form submissions should show in the forms tool. (If you don't see them, could you confirm that there are not permissions limiting you from seeing contact records? Are you a super admin?)

If th first touchpoint is however a pop-up CTA and website visitors have not accepted website cookies, HubSpot is not able to attribute the later form submission to the CTA click earlier. That could be the issue.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

ozgesila
Contributor

I am a super admin. Below you can see my first pop-up form settings and analytics. When ppl see the pop-up, they click on CTA and reach the page with another form. But I cannot see how many ppl come from the pop-up

49b25b2f-cc7c-4c07-8688-9a024785103a.JPG8f723f55-a476-44f2-9ebe-9e5d415aecde.JPG

0 Upvotes