Lead Capture Tools

ozgesila
Contributor

When do you create forms?

I would like to ask these questions to all HS users?

In what conditions do you create forms? eg. do you use same form for all your webinars or do you clone? I know that there are some basic forms like contact us, that you can use in different pages but ho about other marketing materials? Do you clone and create new forms for each or do you classify as Webinars, books etc?

6 Replies 6
MatteoV

I like to keep it simple. Managing too many forms could lead to confusion and consume a lot of time. 

My approach is to use:

• 1 generic form for webinars/events/special situations
  • 1 generic "Contact US form"
  • 1 customized form for each of our best selling services

The last one on the list is crucial in my opinion. You can include some questions or fields that will allow you to understand how serious the leads are about the request, and, at the same time, show them that you have a deeper knowledge of the subject.

gil1001
Top Contributor

We initially had a form per event/page, but when we had to make changes it was such a pain and very hard to analyze.

The approach we took was a combo.

We have top, middle and bottom of the funnel forms (TOFU, MOFU and BOFU) each require more and different type of info. Contact us form.

For some events or activities, we need specific fields that are not relevant to other activites and then we do create new forms. 

The amount of forms this way is small and managable

JHarrison101
Participant

Hello!

For my Org, we like to use seperate forms per event/webinar with a naming convention that is the same on the whole campaign for example: Q4 2020: QA DevSecOps Webinar - London. This way the HS camp name, any lists, the form, WF and eventually when it syncs into our SFDC campaign instance all with the same name - it will be readily apparent that they belong to each other no matter who on your team is looking for that info or when (for example in 3 years from now when you are running the same camp over again you can compare and contrast effectiveness.

The times where we use one form we do it for a product/contact/demo (indiv forms each) where we want all touches no matter the page or ad that is directing them to the campaign, all land in one place and can be collectively attributed.

Also for reporting it is a lot easier to say on lists 'filled out form' on any page and not have to worry about missing a page that you didn't know the form was being used on.

This is also really benefical for understanding which campaigns are working and which need to be retooled.

Hope that helps - Thanks J

Alex_
Top Contributor

@ozgesila,

This is a really great question.

For me, it's always been important to keep every form separate from the others so we can keep better track of analytics of how each form/campaign is performing. If we're talking about a contact us form, that's probably ok to use only one from.

But if we're talking about webinars, forms for gated content like downloadables, I would say to clone and make sure every form has a proper naming convention so you can keep track of who is filling out what. It might make for a little bit of extra work, but I think in the long run, it'll do more good than harm.

webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @ozgesila 

It is always a great practice to keep one form in the place and use it throughout the website. When we talk about Marketing assets like Resources and webinars you could use 1 form for webinar and 1 form for resource page and use it across different landing pages. Reason being this will save your time and you would be able to organize the Forms instaed of using tons of forms for every different landing pages.

Also, for traking of all the submission from different pages the best practice would be create different lists.
Example create lists of webinar A; criteria would be form submission: Name of the form and Name of the landing page.

JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @ozgesila,

Thanks for reaching out.
I want to tag in some subject matter experts to see if they have any suggestions.
Hi @MatthewShepherd @Alex_ @gabriel-nextiny, do you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!
Jess  

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !