Lead Capture Tools

jfd118
Contributor

What exactly is a CTA View

SOLVE

The CTA listing page shows the number of views.  I have a few questions about this statistic:

1) What exactly is counted as a view?   Is it:

a)  When the URL containing a CTA is loaded? 

b)  When the user scrolls past the CTA on a page making it visible? 

2) If a CTA appears twice in the same URL, is "Views" incremented twice? 

Thanks, 
jfd118

1 Accepted solution
TiphaineCuisset
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi everyone in this thread,

Sorry for the delayed responsed here. 

I can confirm that you do not need to scroll down to see the CTA in order to trigger a view on a CTA.  So the normal HubSpot tracking code will need to load on the page (page is loaded) and then it will trigger some script attached to the CTA in order for this to count as a view. 

Generally this means that the CTA views can be around the same amount as the page views. If these aren't a similar number, here's some common reasons why that might be that you can find here

We do also aggregate the CTA views, so this might be another reason that page views don't match CTA views. For example, if you have four CTAs on a page and this page is loaded once, then this will count as four CTA views. 

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
Renae_Gregoire

SOLVE

I'm looking for answers here, too. I just exported a report that shows:

Raw Views = 14,059
Cta Views = 9,731

What to make of this? 

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
TAnthony
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you! This is super helpful.

TiphaineCuisset
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi everyone in this thread,

Sorry for the delayed responsed here. 

I can confirm that you do not need to scroll down to see the CTA in order to trigger a view on a CTA.  So the normal HubSpot tracking code will need to load on the page (page is loaded) and then it will trigger some script attached to the CTA in order for this to count as a view. 

Generally this means that the CTA views can be around the same amount as the page views. If these aren't a similar number, here's some common reasons why that might be that you can find here

We do also aggregate the CTA views, so this might be another reason that page views don't match CTA views. For example, if you have four CTAs on a page and this page is loaded once, then this will count as four CTA views. 

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

jfd118
Contributor

SOLVE

Great.  Thank you for providing a complete answer to the question.   It helps a lot knowing that I generally have to scale my CTA performance information based on the number of times the CTA appears in the page.

jfd118
Contributor

SOLVE

Just checking in on this topic.  The two articles did not answer my original question.

0 Upvotes
jfd118
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks you Sharon,  I had found those links prior to asking the question on the forum. Unfortunately, they don't quite answer my question.  

Thanks,

jfd118

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @jfd118

I'd like to share these articles that might be helpful.

Analyze calls-to-action performance

Calls-to-action (CTAs) | Frequently Asked Questions

I hope this helps

Best

Sharon

0 Upvotes
TAnthony
Participant

SOLVE

Still looking for an answer to this! Are CTA "views" counted by page loads or by a user actually viewing the button? Thank you!

0 Upvotes
UUC
Participant

SOLVE

Just found this post, as I was wondering the same thing. It makes a huge difference in the click rate data, to know how it's calculated and the links you've provided, didn't answer my questions either, which are the same questions as the author.

0 Upvotes