Lead Capture Tools

gregory
Miembro

Webform data is not added completely in Contacts record

resolver

Hi,

A few weeks ago I started with HubSpot, and I really like it!

But, I am struggling with this strange issue.

First of all some information about my environment:

• Webshop runs on Wordpress 4.7.2;
  • Form in use is Contact Form 7 (version: 4.6.1);
  • Plugin: HubSpot Tracking Code for WordPress (version: 1.1.0);
  • And finally: HubSpot Marketing Free and HubSpot Sales Free.

So, the problem:

After an user submits the form, a new contact is created with only the email and phone number of this new contact. All other information does not exist in the new contact record.

BUT, the 'New Submission' email, sent by HubSpot Marketing, contains ALL data.

What is going on? Because, I am using a supported form, that is Contact Form 7, and the 'New Submission' email contains ALL data.

Could the HubSpot Tracking Code for WordPress plugin be the problem? Because it is compatible with Wordpress version 4.5.6. 

Thanks for reading this message and I am looking forward to a solution.

Gregory

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
BrettLanguirand
Solución
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @gregory,

Contacts are not being deleted when the form is submitted.  

Because of cookies in your browser, your test form submissions are just overwriting the same contact record.  You can see in the property history that the same contact record had it's information a handful of times.  

Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 7.58.20 AM.png

When you submit a form, a cookie is dropped in your browser.  This means that Hubspot will associate any other form submissions from that one browser with a specific contact, and will update the properties on accordingly.  Clearing your browsers cookies, or using an incognito window would allow a new contact to be created anytime you submit the form.  

Brett

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
9 Respuestas 9
BrettLanguirand
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @gregory,

Welcome to the Hubspot Community and thank you for your question.

Do you have a specific contact, collected form, and link to a page with the form that I can see as an example?  There might be a few variables that could be coming into play and I want to make sure that we troubleshoot this properly.  Additionally, if you can provide a screenshot of the email notification, that would be helpful as well.

Please feel free to private message me this information if you don't want it publicly available on the community.

Thanks,

Brett

0 Me gusta
gregory
Miembro

resolver

Hi Brett,

Thanks for your reply.

Please visit this webpage, where I explain it all.

Link: https://sewbalak.com/dev/webform-data-is-not-added-completely-in-contacts-record/

Gregory

0 Me gusta
BrettLanguirand
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @gregory,

Did you change the name of the form fields at any point on the Contact Form 7 form?  For example, was Plaats verplicht changed to Plaatsnaam? If you made changes to the form field names, then Hubspot would create new properties for the new names, because it has no way of processing whether or not the change in name should remain the same proeprty or not.  In the case of Frank Sewbalak, the form was submitted multiple times, with different form field names which is why they appear as duplicates.

Email, First Name, Last Name and Phone Number fields in the submission are intelligently mapped to the default HubSpot properties for those 4 fields, but all form fields will create new proeprties under "Collected Form Fields".

Let me know if you have any questions.

Brett

0 Me gusta
gregory
Miembro

resolver

Hi @BrettLanguirand,

Okay, now I get it. Once a form has been collected, new fields will be stored. And once those fields has been assigned to a contact record, they will be populated with the right data.

But now I have another problem, no more than 2 lead records are saved. For instance, the current records are 'Lead 1' and 'Lead 2', whenever I create a new lead through the webform, the last added lead will be removed. In this case 'Lead 2' will be removed and the newly created lead will be added. 

Moreover, the Contacts page indicates there are 3 record, but only 2 are shown in the list.

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 19.21.52.png

Regards,

Gregory

0 Me gusta
BrettLanguirand
Solución
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @gregory,

Contacts are not being deleted when the form is submitted.  

Because of cookies in your browser, your test form submissions are just overwriting the same contact record.  You can see in the property history that the same contact record had it's information a handful of times.  

Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 7.58.20 AM.png

When you submit a form, a cookie is dropped in your browser.  This means that Hubspot will associate any other form submissions from that one browser with a specific contact, and will update the properties on accordingly.  Clearing your browsers cookies, or using an incognito window would allow a new contact to be created anytime you submit the form.  

Brett

0 Me gusta
gregory
Miembro

resolver

Hi @BrettLanguirand,

Thanks for the explanation.

Last question, and maybe it is not possible.

How can I start with a clean slate? Can I delete all the properties that were added because of me fiddling with the forms? I now have a lot of contact properties (like "plaatsnaam", "postcode", etc.) I'd like to get rid off.

Or should I create a complete new environment?

Thanks in advance.

0 Me gusta
BrettLanguirand
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @gregory,

There isn't a way to restart a portal back to a blank slate, so if you want to keep your current portal, you'd have to manually go in and delete contacts, companies, deals, and properties.  You could also cancel that portal, and start a brand newone, but keep iin mind that everything will have to be re-done from scratch, including Hubspot Sales connection, the tracking code, etc.

If you want to delete the portal and create a new one, you can go to Settings and in the marketing product, just click on Delete account.  In the CRM side, go to settings, CRM Configuration, Scroll Down and click delete crm.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Brett

0 Me gusta
gregory
Miembro

resolver

Hi @BrettLanguirand,

All is Okay now.

Started with a clean slate, by creating a new profile.

Many thanks for your help and guidance.

Gregory

0 Me gusta
gregory
Miembro

resolver

Brett,

Thanks for the insights. Indeed, I changed those fieldnames. I am so relieved to know where the root cause lies. So, I will test again and get back to you with my findings.

Gregory

0 Me gusta