Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Using forms for whitepaper download

Regular Contributor

How are people using Hubspot forms for lead capture/white paper delivery?

I have a PDF whitepaper that we would like to offer on the site only to those who register. I cannot find a good way to do this.  My plan had been to embed a Hubspot form on a page and have the email confirmation include the download link.  However I can't find any way to configure email confirmations for form submissions (seems odd - such a basic requirement for form handling). 

We're using Marketing Starter + Sales starter. 

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Advisor

Hi @Hiyakker,

The email confirmation feature can be achieved using Marketing Automation, which is part of HubSpot Professional.  Since you're a starter user. I have a couple of suggestions for you.

1. You could put your download link on a thank you page, and configure your form to redirect to the thank you page when the form is completed.  I would probably set your Thank You page to not index with search engines, so you don't have people by-passing the form.
  2. You could use a third party email marketing tool, like MailChimp, to send automated emails when a visitor converts.  Mailchimp automation is free and very easy with HubSpot.  Here's a Help Article on MailChimp Intergration.

Hope this helps!

-Trevor

-Trevor

If my post resolves your issue, please accept my post as a solution.
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

I've ended up doing this with a third party tool.  It is growing increasingly frustrating that every job we try to achieve with Hubspot requires that we use a third party tool or yet another upgrade.

The aim of moving to Hubspot was to unify our set-up. So we haven't managed to retire a single one of the tools that we were previously using so far. Despite already paying several thousand pounds a year (and seemingly being moved to an annual contract without that ever being mentioned)  I am not sure we have yet achieved a single thing we set out  to. 

I'd be happy to upgrade some more if we started seeing some benefit, but I suspect that would just allow us to find out what else we need and how much more we need to pay todo  it.  

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Advisor

Hi @Hiyakker,

I get it.  The single platform for everything is a big part of the value proposition for HubSpot, but Starter falls well short of delivering on that.

I’m not a HubSpot employee, but I do love the platform.  Professional is very complete, and should have everything you need.  The problem is, it’s a big jump in price from Starter to Pro, so I understand your reluctance.  

Happy to talk through things a bit more if it helps.

- Trevor

-Trevor

If my post resolves your issue, please accept my post as a solution.
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

We had budgeted to move to pro, but we've been less than impressed with both the platform and the cynical approach of the company so far. If the parts we pay for now  worked well we'd be far more likely to invest the five-figures a year needed to get additional sales and marketing functionality.  

At the moment it  feels too much like it would be throwing good money after bad. Meanwhile the Hubspot budget gets eroded by the number of services we have to pay for to  patch the gaps.  

It's a shame. The system has such promise, but it feels like every product decision is driven by finding the least effort way of being able to claim a feature  in the sales brochure rather than by aiming to be useful.  

It's good to hear of someone who loves Hubspot. I really thought I was going to be one of those people, but I'm finding it very hard to love. In fact I'm starting to question whether it is even something I can tolerate for long.