Lead Capture Tools

mollyronan

Using a email lead flow capture form that isn't a pop-up?

SOLVE

Hello,

I am really liking my Lead Flow - I have an important email follow-up that people get once they subscribe and I have them opt-in which is important with GDPR.

What I want to do is have a place on my website where people could click to then have the pop-up come up again and go through that process. I want it for if people X out of the pop-up but decide later that they do want to input their email address. 

Even if I just had a link to the pop-up that would be great.

Thanks for your help,

Molly

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
trevordjones
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mollyronan,

Unfortunately you need the email marketing module to build those emails in HubSpot, unless I’m missing something @jennysowyrda?  I think if you don’t want to use your existing email platform, you’d need to upgrade from Free to Starter.

- Trevor

- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @mollyronan,

@trevordjones is correctly-you would need marketing emailing functionalities in order to send emails from HubSpot after a form submission which are associated with HubSpot's marketing subscriptions. Click here for specifics. 

Thank you,
Jenny

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
trevordjones

SOLVE

Hi @mollyronan,

Rather than bringing the popup back, I would use a form for this application.  I use a simple sidebar form on my wordpress blog like the one on this page. https://www.otelco.com/blog/  You can set up whatever smart lists and workflows you have built around your leadflow to include that form.

Alternately, you could build a landing page for blog subscriptions and provide a link to that in your copy.  

Either option will give visitors who don't like the popup a second chance to subscribe.

-Trevor 

- Trevor

0 Upvotes
mollyronan

SOLVE

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for your response! Are you able to have an auto-response email go out from a form? And also have the GDPR opt-ins on the form?

I didn't see that when I looked - maybe because I am still a free user?

Thanks!

Molly

0 Upvotes
trevordjones

SOLVE

GDPR is supported in forms for Marketing Free. This article explains how to add your GDPR opt-in information to a form:  https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/forms/how-do-i-add-notice-and-consent-information...

This screenshot is from Marketing Free - you can see the GDPR option on the left #1.

HubSpot Free - Forms.png

To create your auto-response email using marketing free, use your email marketing application's "welcome new subcribers" option.  I use MailChimp for this.

-Trevor 

- Trevor

0 Upvotes
mollyronan

SOLVE

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for the response. I would prefer to keep it all in HubSpot since people who sign up via the pop-up will get the email sent to them from HubSpot and it prompts them to fill out a longer form via HubSpot. Is it possible to have an auto-response email from a form like from the pop-up?

Thanks,

Molly

0 Upvotes
trevordjones
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @mollyronan,

Unfortunately you need the email marketing module to build those emails in HubSpot, unless I’m missing something @jennysowyrda?  I think if you don’t want to use your existing email platform, you’d need to upgrade from Free to Starter.

- Trevor

- Trevor

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @mollyronan,

@trevordjones is correctly-you would need marketing emailing functionalities in order to send emails from HubSpot after a form submission which are associated with HubSpot's marketing subscriptions. Click here for specifics. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes