Lead Capture Tools

mirandairby
Participant

Using a Form to Update Company Properties

SOLVE

I have created a form in Hubspot to collect company information with the intent of updating in Hubspot.  We ask the user to input their Company ID as the first form field, which we email them as the "onboarding code".  It is connected to the Company ID property.  However, instead of updating that company, it is always creating a new company.  What I am missing?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mirandairby  When I look in my form builder, I don't see the HubSpot Object ID as a property - is it a custom property y'all made? That won't de-duplicate, unfortunately. In HubSpot, the Company object is based on the company's domain name (their URL, website) which is then tied to the Contact's email. That's the unique identifier. So I'd ask them to input their Company domain name like so: 

danmoyle_0-1657226345028.png

You can also turn this setting on to ensure HubSpot is creating and associating companies to the contacts automatically: 

danmoyle_1-1657226427999.png

Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
CTA9
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @mirandairby,

Right now there are only 2 unique identifiers for companies in HubSpot,
1. Company Domain
2. Object ID
We need to choose one from the above two.

This is a highly requested feature from HubSpot, let's see when it is available for this kind of scenario.

Thanks

mirandairby
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @mirandairby  When I look in my form builder, I don't see the HubSpot Object ID as a property - is it a custom property y'all made? That won't de-duplicate, unfortunately. In HubSpot, the Company object is based on the company's domain name (their URL, website) which is then tied to the Contact's email. That's the unique identifier. So I'd ask them to input their Company domain name like so: 

danmoyle_0-1657226345028.png

You can also turn this setting on to ensure HubSpot is creating and associating companies to the contacts automatically: 

danmoyle_1-1657226427999.png

Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
0 Upvotes
mirandairby
Participant

SOLVE