Lead Capture Tools

LLampe
Participant

Using Forms

SOLVE

Hi, we were looking at the posibilities with forms in HubSpot, but it is mostly used for information about leads/cusomters etc. Is there also the possibility to make a form that internal sales employees have to fill in? For example when they have a deal that is ''won'', they have to fill out a form with some information about this deal and send it to de administrative employee. 

3 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Using Forms

SOLVE

Hi @LLampe,

Generally HubSpot forms are meant for external, not internal use, correct. There are use cases where forms can be used internally, however.

For what you're describing however, I would take a different approach. In HubSpot, you can display properties to a user when a deal is moved to a specific stage; you can also make them required: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-deals/set-up-and-customize-your-deal-pipelines-and-deal-stages#to-...

Once these are filled in by the sales person in the corresponding deal stage, you can use a deal-based workflow that picks up these deals. In this workflow, you can then send an internal email notification.

The enrollment trigger for this deal-based workflow would be either the specific deal stage or the fact that the required field(s) 'is known'.

Overall, I would avoid the use of website forms for internal use with deals, as forms are contact-based, and deals are... deal-based.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

Using Forms

SOLVE

Hi @LLampe 

I would second @karstenkoehler's recommendation.

Ideally you would ensure that all necessary information about a deal is captured on the deal record during the sales process. Once the necessary deal properties have been created you can make them required as soon as a deal gets moved to a specific deal stage.

update-deal-stage-properties.png_width=1500&name=update-deal-stage-properties

This ensure you are capturing the right information during the sales process. Personally I like this approach as it ensures a certain level of data hygiene, which in turn has a positive impact on reporting and forecasting.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project

GRajput
Solution
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

Using Forms

SOLVE

Hi @LLampe 

As per your description I would recommend you an another best solution to that would be achievable through an automation in which we can send an internal notification to the administrative or the sales team with the deal information. While creating automation you can use the trigger as deal name is 'known' and deal stage is "Closed won" then add 'send the internal notification' action in which you can send the deal information to a particular team.
Follow the screenshot:

GRajput_0-1675266592953.png

Overall, I would avoid the use of forms for internal use with deals.
If you find this information helpful, Please mark it as solved!

Gaurav Rajput
Director, MarTech( Growth Natives)

Book a meeting

6 Replies 6
DWhyte
Participant

Using Forms

SOLVE

If you're open to using a 3rd party form tool, Fillout has a native HubSpot integration and lets you add a "login" page to your form (ideal for internal use cases where you want to protect the form from external access). Hope that helps!

0 Upvotes
GRajput
Solution

Using Forms

SOLVE

Hi @LLampe 

As per your description I would recommend you an another best solution to that would be achievable through an automation in which we can send an internal notification to the administrative or the sales team with the deal information. While creating automation you can use the trigger as deal name is 'known' and deal stage is "Closed won" then add 'send the internal notification' action in which you can send the deal information to a particular team.
Follow the screenshot:

GRajput_0-1675266592953.png

Overall, I would avoid the use of forms for internal use with deals.
If you find this information helpful, Please mark it as solved!

Gaurav Rajput
Director, MarTech( Growth Natives)

Book a meeting

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Using Forms

SOLVE

Hi @LLampe,

Generally HubSpot forms are meant for external, not internal use, correct. There are use cases where forms can be used internally, however.

For what you're describing however, I would take a different approach. In HubSpot, you can display properties to a user when a deal is moved to a specific stage; you can also make them required: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-deals/set-up-and-customize-your-deal-pipelines-and-deal-stages#to-...

Once these are filled in by the sales person in the corresponding deal stage, you can use a deal-based workflow that picks up these deals. In this workflow, you can then send an internal email notification.

The enrollment trigger for this deal-based workflow would be either the specific deal stage or the fact that the required field(s) 'is known'.

Overall, I would avoid the use of website forms for internal use with deals, as forms are contact-based, and deals are... deal-based.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

Using Forms

SOLVE

Hi @LLampe 

I would second @karstenkoehler's recommendation.

Ideally you would ensure that all necessary information about a deal is captured on the deal record during the sales process. Once the necessary deal properties have been created you can make them required as soon as a deal gets moved to a specific deal stage.

update-deal-stage-properties.png_width=1500&name=update-deal-stage-properties

This ensure you are capturing the right information during the sales process. Personally I like this approach as it ensures a certain level of data hygiene, which in turn has a positive impact on reporting and forecasting.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project
LLampe
Participant

Using Forms

SOLVE

Hi Frank,

Thankyou for your recommendation. Is there also al posibility to make specific properties. For example when a deal goes to ''qualified to buy'', we need to make sure that our sales employee has spoken with a couple of people in that organisation. So it would be great if there comes a pop-up with this question.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Using Forms

SOLVE

Hi @LLampe,

Yes, you can create a single checkbox property for the deal object by following these steps: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/manage-your-properties

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler