Lead Capture Tools

Maria10

Upload Contacts into Campaign

SOLVE

Hi - how can I upload contacts into a campaign? This is a very basic functionality, but can't find it anywhere. 

As any marketer we sponsor 3rd party events, so I need to find a way to add those in the system and track performance. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Maria10,

When you open your campaign (Menu > Marketing > Campaigns), you can click Add assets and associate a static list with your campaign.

karstenkoehler_0-1675401963869.png

In other words, you only need to get the contacts you'd like to associate with a campaign into a static list: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/lists/create-active-or-static-lists#static-lists

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Maria10

SOLVE

Thanks -- I can't find an excel sheet with the necessary fields to import the list of contacts. Can you please help?  I need: first name, last name, phone number, job title, company name -- would those fields be enough?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Maria10,

The email address would be the bare minimum. If you haven't imported contacts before, I'd recommend reviewing this page: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/set-up-your-import-file#sample-import-files

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Maria10

SOLVE

I need to upload a list of new contacts (contacts that are *not* in the database). It looks like static lists pulls from the database, but again these contacts are not in the database -- I need a manual upload for the new list of contacts we gathered at the event. How do I do that? 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Maria10,

In the last step of importing a contact file, you can choose to create a list from that import. That list will automatically be a static list. You can then associate this list with the campaign.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Maria10,

When you open your campaign (Menu > Marketing > Campaigns), you can click Add assets and associate a static list with your campaign.

karstenkoehler_0-1675401963869.png

In other words, you only need to get the contacts you'd like to associate with a campaign into a static list: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/lists/create-active-or-static-lists#static-lists

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler