Lead Capture Tools

NicolasDC
Participant

Updating multiple properties with one Form answer.

Hi,

I'd like to be able to update multiple properties using only one form entry. 

For example: a prospect chooses to attend an event at Location X at Date Y and Time Z. This option is only one bullet. 

Would it be possible to update 3 different properties "Location" "Date" and "Time" with this single answer? 

It wouldn't make sense for us to have our prospects click 3 different bullets.

Cheers,

Nicolas

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Hi @NicolasDC 

You can not do this directly from the form submission but it would be relatively easy to create a workflow to take this one property and map it to three separate properties. Workflows however require a Pro level subscription. 

Hope this helps?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
NicolasDC
Participant

Hey Phil, 

Thank you for your reply. However, that would mean we'd have to create a new workflow for every option... We're talking about 20 different options, and we're updating them every 2-3 months. 

Basically we're having people choose when to attend a specific workshop from a list of 20 options, and the options include both location, date and time. I'm trying to figure out how I can send them automated e-mails with this information included (and sending these e-mails based on the date). 

Right now we're building a workflow for every workshop, and editing almost every e-mail. That should be easier.

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

Hey @NicolasDC 

Yep, I've seen this challenge several times before. Not seen a perfect solution yet. 

There may be better ways but IIRC one of the best I've seen was to use HubSpot's clone campaign feature to streamline the creation of all the required assets, before making the necessary updates. 

Clone a campaign 

With work, the changes you need to make to emails and workflows can be minimised.

Hope this helps. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
Alex_Elborn
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Hi @NicolasDC ,

Considering your previous reply - could you use smart content in the email to achieve your goal instead?

footer
NicolasDC
Participant

Hi Alex,

Thx for replying! 

I'm wondering what you mean with smart content?

Right now I'm trying to tackle the issue by filling in 3 different properties into Hubspot with a Form, and then sending our prospects an e-mail using personalized tokens with these 3 properties.

Right now I'm considering using conditional answers (e.g. first you pick a location, then the date, then the time. However, there's never 2 different time options on the same date, so that third pick would be overkill. I do need it as a separate property, since we might host a workshop at 10 AM or 3 PM, just never on the same day.)

Are you telling me there's another way to tackle this? 

Cheers,

N

0 Upvotes