Lead Capture Tools

Kel-House

Update Deal-specific properties based on user form entries

SOLVE

I'm looking for a way to send a contact a form to collect data and update a specific deal. For example, the contact is a customer and we need specific information to finalize an agreement with them.

Rather than collect this information by email and enter it into CRM as we currently do, we are looking to send the user a form with some basic information about the deal and collect information from them to finalize the Quote (which we produce in Hubspot).

Is there a way to send a contact an email with a link to a form that incorporates their Deal Id into a URL query string so that the entries can be associated with the Deal? 

Any other solutions similar to this would be appreciated as well.

The speed at which many of these deals take place makes searching through email to update information too cumbersome and adds friction to the sales process. 

2 Accepted solutions
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @Kel-House! I have found Deal associations rather lacking myself. I cannot think of a way to use Forms or any other option to create the associations you're attempting. Sorry. 

Here is a pre-sorted link to the Ideas Board where I've already searched for 'Deal Associations'. Maybe, you'll run across an idea and can lend your support or you may have to create a new Idea post for us to support. 

HubSpot Community - Search - HubSpot Community

If another user has ideas, we're still open to hearing them.

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Kel-House,

Have you considered using workflows for this? An information submitted via form, stored in a contact record, could be copied to the deal associated with the contact.

The main challenge is that by default HubSpot copies the information from the source record to all associated target records (e.g. not one specific deal but all associated deals). In other words, this would be feasible if you usually only have one deal per contact.

There are usually ways to make this work but they depend heavily on the exact setup in the portal.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Kel-House,

Have you considered using workflows for this? An information submitted via form, stored in a contact record, could be copied to the deal associated with the contact.

The main challenge is that by default HubSpot copies the information from the source record to all associated target records (e.g. not one specific deal but all associated deals). In other words, this would be feasible if you usually only have one deal per contact.

There are usually ways to make this work but they depend heavily on the exact setup in the portal.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @Kel-House! I have found Deal associations rather lacking myself. I cannot think of a way to use Forms or any other option to create the associations you're attempting. Sorry. 

Here is a pre-sorted link to the Ideas Board where I've already searched for 'Deal Associations'. Maybe, you'll run across an idea and can lend your support or you may have to create a new Idea post for us to support. 

HubSpot Community - Search - HubSpot Community

If another user has ideas, we're still open to hearing them.

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.