Lead Capture Tools

PCottrell

Update Company Properties with form always causes reconversion

Hi all,

We are trying to use an external form in order to have customers update custom Company Properties as part of our onboarding process.

In some cases the contact associated with the Company does not use an email with the same domain as the company.

The form has prefilled and read only, record id and company website fields that would tie the data to that company.

No matter what I do and hos I set it up the form submission will do a "reconversion" and create a brand new company - a duplicate.

Really frustrated and about to go find a different CRM.

Is this even possible?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @PCottrell

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

The way to update data is by taking into account the existing information of that contact or company. When the system cannot associate the new data with what already exists, it will create new records, which makes sense as it is new information, right? That's how it currently functions and there are reasons behind it. Therefore, in this case, my recommendation might seem simple or basic, but I would suggest that when the user inputs their email, prompt them to enter the one associated with the domain provided in the previous field, or even allow them to input the domain themselves to ensure attentiveness to this change. This is the only way data updates can be done correctly.

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
PCottrell

In this case the contact has a different email domain than the company they
are associated with. We are pre filling the fields on the form with the
exact data from the contact as well as the company domain, name and record
id.

Still creates a new company.

Seems like the only way this works is if the contact has an email with the
same domain as the company. This will not always be the case.

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @PCottrell, thanks for the details!

Let's check with some of our experts to see if they know a workaround that they can share with you.

Hi @Lucila-Andimol, @Jnix284, @danmoyle - Do you have any suggestions or insights that could assist @PCottrell  in reaching his objective?

Thanks! 🙂

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes