Lead Capture Tools

MarcoPapavero

Trigger a specific action when a form field is filled out with a list of pre-defined words

SOLVE

Hello everybody and thanks for the possible answer for my doubt.

My question is:

When I create a form in Hubspot, is it possible to create a warning (or something similar) or to avoid the submission of the form if a user writes a specific "text" inside the text fields?

Let's assume that I have a form in which users must write: name, email, and the name of a product. In the field related to PRODUCT, is there the possibility to limit this request for a series of words pre-defined by me? For instance, the word "apple". Then: when the user writes exactly "apple", he cannot complete the form or a warning appears saying a sentence as "This product is already present in our database."

To help you to understand better: this list is saved in Salesforce. Then, this my request can do it manually or with some integration with CRM.

Thanks for the answer.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Trigger a specific action when a form field is filled out with a list of pre-defined words

SOLVE

Hi @MarcoPapavero,

That makes perfect sense and it would indeed be a useful feature. Unfortunately, it's currently not possible. There is a related suggestion in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community which you could upvote and comment on – or create a new idea.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MarcoPapavero,

Except for blocklisting email domains in the email field, HubSpot doesn't offer real-time form field validation natively.

There is a workaround suggested in this thread, using custom validation with JQuery.

Alternatively, if you have a defined list of field values, you could also create a custom radio select type property instead of a single-line text property? This would also 'force' the user to pick an existing option.

I'm not aware of any but there might also be apps on the HubSpot App Marketplace which offer real-time field validation.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

MarcoPapavero

SOLVE

Hello Karsen,

thanks for your answer. 

Your solution is good but not enough for my case. In my case, radio buttons are not enough because the number of variables of the category of product is numerous. Let's take the previous example, the user can write "apple" but in the database, there are "apple red", "apple blue", "apple black". My intention is to block him OR warn him that "apple" is a value already present. But if he writes "apple blue", for instance, he can continue to fill the form.

When the user has filled the form with "apple blue", this value will become present. And then the next user will write "apple" or "apple blue" will be blocked or warned. And so on.

This is what I asked if it exists as a feature in Hubspot forms.

I have read your link but it doesn't contain exactly what I'm trying to solve. Thanks, however.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MarcoPapavero,

That makes perfect sense and it would indeed be a useful feature. Unfortunately, it's currently not possible. There is a related suggestion in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community which you could upvote and comment on – or create a new idea.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler